4. Apologising.

✨ C H A P T E R    F O U R ✨

As Mrunmayee stood at the party, the epitome of elegance and style, her fashionable off-shoulder black sheer gown garnered attention from the crowd. The corset-like silhouette accentuated her curves, adding allure to her presence. The asymmetrical length and deep plunging neckline contributed to the sultry yet classy vibe of her ensemble.

Choosing a no-accessory look, she let the gown take center stage, emphasizing its chic design. Her wavy hairstyle complemented the overall look, adding a touch of sophistication. The subtle makeup, highlighted by a nude lipstick, enhanced her natural beauty, completing the glamorous quotient of her outfit.

In the midst of the crowd, Mrunmayee exuded confidence and poise, making a striking impression at the party from the sponsors.

Mr. Ahuja, the head of a sports company, approached Mrunmayee at the party, expressing his desire to have her on board.

He mentioned how long it had been since he last saw her and even went to the extent of offering her the position of head manager at his company. Promising triple the salary she was currently receiving, he dangled enticing perks, including a prime position, generous salary, holiday trips, and sponsorship opportunities.

Shubman observed the conversation, silently sipping on his drink, a mix of curiosity and concern evident in his eyes. Mr. Ahuja was persistent, outlining the benefits of joining his company.

Despite the tempting offer, Mrunmayee, maintaining her poise, politely declined, stating her commitment to her current job. The air was charged with a mix of anticipation and unspoken tension as the conversation unfolded.

"Mrunmayee, it's been too long. Your skills are unmatched, and I want you as the head manager at my company. Triple the salary, top-tier position, and perks beyond your imagination." Mr. Ahuja said.

"Thank you, sir, for the offer and your confidence in my abilities. However, I am committed to my current role and appreciate the opportunities it provides." She replied.

Shubman, silently observing, couldn't help but wonder about the implications of this unexpected proposal.

Mr. Ahuja chuckled good-naturedly, accepting Mrunmayee's decision. "Fair enough, Ms. Kulkarni. But remember, my offer stands. If you ever reconsider, here's my card." He handed her a business card, and she thanked him politely as he left.

Shubman, who had observed the entire exchange, approached Mrunmayee. "Mrunmayee, Shreyas is looking for you," he informed her, his voice carrying a mix of curiosity and a touch of something else.

"Shubman," Mrunmayee called out as he was leaving. He turned to face her, and she continued, "Sir, I've just received a job offer. I haven't accepted it yet, but I'm considering it."

"Good for you. Why are you telling me?" Shubman questioned, his grumpy demeanor evident.

"So that you can tell your flings to throw coffee on boss. Will you go there, or should I..." she taunted, but he left in between, leaving the words hanging in the air.

"He remained silent after seeing coffee getting thrown on his manager, and he is still silent," she said to herself.

"He is so complicated. Veda aahe," she sighed.

(Time skip because I was tired)

Priya nudged her mother, gesturing her to please do something so she could end up with Shubman.

Mrs. Shah smiled and said, "Well, see, everyone is going towards the dance floor. You guys are today's guests of honor; you have to go for the dance."

Everyone felt a bit awkward, with Virat and Rohit declining the suggestion, and Shreyas mentioning he's going with Ishan before they both left.