Chapter 03- Unlocking the truth

3rd person (Peter is 7 years old)

It was 4 years later since Mary and Richard had dropped Peter off at Ben and May's but Peter was a smart kid, he knew after two weeks of his parents dropping him off at his Aunt May and Uncle Ben's it was no longer a holiday but he just kept going with it until he stumbled upon Ben's office which he got told not to go into because it had confidential information.

Peter sneaked into the office and seen a laptop was right there so he looked back out of the door and seen no one was there so he skedaddled to the laptop but as he opened the laptop and turned it on the screen showed a password.

He then thought he could reset the password but then that would need a code from a phone number and if he gets his hands on a phone, Ben would notice he has a new password so that is not a option.

He then thought he could keep guessing the password until he gets it but that would take too long and someone could walk in then he thought data breeches would be one of the last and only option.

It took about 5 minutes to get onto the SHIELD laptop but Peter didn't know that he thought it was just a brand, he didn't know that it was a government agency.

As Peter logged onto the SHIELD laptop he seen many files but one had caught his eye, he had seen one file what aroused his curiosity.

'Richard and Mary Parker'

He looked at the file for about a minute until he pressed on to the file, but as he pressed on the file an error message popped up not allowing him to see the video.

Peter was irritated at first but then he remembered that he knew a way to bypass the error message, that was to press, control and C to copy the error message and then press control and V to paste the message.

Peter copy and pasted the message and it worked perfectly, it made the error message glitch and disappeared, now the file opened up.

The file revealed a video, Peter quickly got confused as he can see the thumbnail on the file and he can see a private airplane but, he pushed his thoughts away and clicked onto the video.

The video started playing and he seen his mum and dad on an airplane, Richard was reassuring Mary about something but Peter couldn't tell what but then Mary got up and went to the toilet to clean herself up but as she went in someone else walked in from the cabin, Peter thought he was the Captain.

'No rest for the weary huh?' The captain said as he proceeds to walk over to the sink

'No, I'm afraid not.' Richard said back

'Occupational hazard, I guess.' The captain then starts to washes his hands 'What is it you're working on?'

'Just planning ahead... Do you think
I could speak with the pilot?' Richard asks while typing away trying to act as he hasn't seen if blood on the captain's hands but Peter still oblivious to it.

'Something you need? Perhaps l can help.'

'I'd just like to radio ahead... and make sure everything's in order for when we land.' Richard says while getting up but the 'Captain' grabs something out of the draw and it reveals to be a gun, to which Peter gasps as he was oblivious to the signs.

'I think we both know that's not an option, Dr Parker.' The 'captain' walks over to the toilet and pulls a key out from his pocket and locks Mary inside but while he was doing that Richard started to upload something on his computer, Peter looked closer and seen it was SHIELD files. What the hell is SHIELD?. Peter thought to himself

Peter's thoughts were interpreted as he seen the 'captain' pull out a parachute from a draw

'They say you're a genius'

Mary tried to open the door and failed due to it being locked 'Richard. Richard!' She started to bang on the door but she that was drowned out by the 'captain' talking

'Not if you thought you could escape.' Then the toilet door swung open and then Mary came out of it and the guy hit her with the back of his gun and knocked her to the ground but before he could react, Richard started to swing at his face but then the guy uppercutted Richard in the stomach and that stopped Richard from swinging at the guy as he leaned forward from getting hit in the stomach.

Just as the guy was about to aim at Richard, Richard grabbed his wrist and tackled him into the wall but the guy started to push forwards and pushed Richard into the chair then pushed him into the bar at the side then he shoved Richard to the ground then he started to aim his gun at Richard but just before he was about to shoot, a glass smashed on the back of his head and just as he was falling towards the floor.

He had pulled the trigger.

'Mary!' Richard ran towards Mary, she was still conscious, alive.

'Mary. It's okay, lt's okay, It's okay, just breathe.' Richard told her but she was struggling to breathe as he shot her close to her lungs.

'I got you. l have you, okay? Okay?' Richard reassured Mary

'I'm just gonna make you safe.' Richard grabbed her and put her on the seat then grabbed an oxygen mask and put it on her and it helped her to breathe.

'It's done. lt's done... Can you breathe? Mare?'

Mary took off the oxygen mask 'SHIELD.' Mary breathe out

'What?' Richard was perplexed, he didn't know if he had heard that right.

'SHIELD.' She repeated herself and then Richard went over to the laptop and started sending files towards an unknown number.

'It's send he has it. The big man has it now'

'He has it, okay? Hey, hey, hey.' Richard knew he had to convince her 'We're gonna be all right, okay? You stay with me.'

Then he got tackled from behind by the 'captain' and he started to punch Richard in the face multiple times but from the movement of him getting tackled made the real captain's body jolt and his hand moved in the cabin and the plane started to dive down towards a mountain and after a few more punches the person who had been impersonating the captain had landed on Richard the plane had blown up and destroyed,  the camera also destroyed so the video stopped.

The video left the 7 year old in tears and frozen in place stuck in his Uncle's chair

But then Aunt May walked in "Pete you in here?" She seen the Laptop open and started walking towards to close it but then seen hair sticking up from over the top that made her walk faster over to it
"Peter what are you doing? What are you doing in Ben's office and on your dad's old laptop?" She asked sternly but that didn't bother the boy who had tears rolling down his cheeks but he wasn't aware as he was still looking at the paused screen scarred by what he had witnessed.

May had walked around and seen the paused video of the destroyed plane "Oh shit. Ben!" She yelled out for her husband and within a minute or so, he swiftly walked into his office

"What's wrong?" He asked concerned

"He seen it." She said concerned while trying to close the the tab but it wasn't working.

"Seen what?"

"What do you think!?!?" She snapped and glaring directly in Ben's his eyes and that all it took to realise that he seen the video.

"Shit!" Ben moved to the laptop while May got Peter out of there to clean Peter up and to try to clear his head with a tub of ice cream fresh out of the freezer, as the three of them ate the ice cream but Peter slowly ate the ice cream and never said a word.

Chapter 03 is done 1374 words