Chapter 31- A Friend and a Foe

A/N I was finally able to get my gifs working again so now I'm going to start putting them back in the chapters I have puts two in this chapter.

After Peter left Fury at the Triskelion he started to swing towards his apartment and as he got there he saw a familiar looking person standing outside his apartment.

"Ned?" Peter called out

The person turned around to reveal that it was his best friend Ned.

"Hey Pete!" Ned cheerfully said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked him as he pulled him into a hug

"I came to visit you, I hope this was a good time?" Ned said as he noticed Peter was slightly agitated.

"Oh, of course, man." Peter told him and then he walked over to the door and unlocked it "Come on in, man."

Peter led Ned into his small apartment and told and told him to make himself comfortable, to which he did so and he sat on one of the chairs while Peter got him a glass of water.

"So...how have you been?" Peter asked as he didn't know what to say

"Good. I have been applying for many jobs haven't heard back from any yet, but I will get something eventually." Ned then took a swig of his drink and continued "May and MJ also have been good. MJ has been applying for many jobs and she actually has an interview in two days. The both of them have missing you. So have I as well."

"Sorry, man." Peter said as he looked to the floor

"Don't worry about it, man, you wanted to get the job you wanted and you got it." Ned said which garners a nod and a small smile from Peter "What about you? How have you been?"

"Uh...good, I have been really enjoying the past 2 years I've been working with SHIELD believe it or not." Peter said with a slight chuckle

"What are the missions like? They have to be so cool! And so much fun! I mean it's not cool getting shot at and almost dying." Ned rambled on

"The missions are intense, thrilling and sometimes it can be cool." Peter said with a light chuckle, which made Ned also chuckle "Sometimes when I am on mission I don't understand how far I have come, I feel like it was just yesterday we were taking down the Lizard, I was on Oscorp while you were-"

Ned joined in with Peter to say "The guy in the chair."

The both of them started to laughed.

Peter then started to look up and out of the window that was near them.

Ned noticed Peter was looking at something so he looked up to see what Peter was looking at and noticed Peter was looking out of the window and out towards the famous DC monuments in the distance.

"We're long away from Queens." Ned said to Peter which made the web-slinger chuckle

"Yeah, yeah we are." Peter said quietly but loud enough for him to hear.

Peter and Ned spent the rest of their day together building gadgets and prototypes and designing spider projects, but that was until Peter's phone dinged, so Peter checked it and was confused.