Chapter 10- Williamsburg Bridge

'Dude! Dude! Get your ass over to the Williamsburg Bridge now!' Ned shouts over the phone to Peter which almost deafened Peter .

"What is with the shouting? I am not deaf, well I might be now." Peter said as he started to swing his way over to Williamsburg Bridge.

'There is a massive creature attacking the bridge! it looks like it is a lizard with a massive tail? It is all over the news!' Ned exclaims

"please tell me you're joking." Peter says like he wants to give up the vigilantism gig already.

'Dude where are you!?!?' Ned asks scared for the the people that are on the bridge

"I am about to be on the bridge now." Peter says as he webs the the bridge from underneath and pulls back hard and slingshots himself, which works, now he was heading straight into the Lizard what Ned was telling him about.

'Ned wasn't joking?!?!' Peter's mind started to race but he was quickly pulled out of his thoughts when he seen that the Lizard started to throw cars off the bridge

Peter did not waste any time and started to go after the cars by swinging and webbing them by the bumper then connecting them to the barrier of the bridge but there was a lot of cars on the bridge so that meant the Lizard could hurt a lot of people and all it took was one single mistake from Peter and someone dies.

But as Peter webbed one of the cars he noticed the Lizard walking towards a car because there wasn't any cars around him so Peter knew this was his chance to attack.

Peter swung over to the Lizard and kicked him in the stomach what had sent him into a barrier that had a web to it then Peter jumped after the web because he knew that it was connected to a car.

Peter managed to get the web but it snapped right away so Peter had to dive again but this time he managed to grab the bumper and held onto it, Peter shot a web with his other hand to stick it to the bridge to stop him and the car falling and with the web he stuck it the bumper, but the web wasn't strong enough for him to let go off of the bumper with his hand.

Peter only then realised that there was a kid in the car, he knew he had to get the kid out quick.

Then Peter with his free hand punched the back window just enough that it didn't smash all the way through and break it and hurt the kid. Peter then grabbed the side of the window and yanked it off.

The kid looked back and seen Peter but for the kid he didn't see that for him he seen someone in a red hood and black goggles what terrified the young kid so he started to scream.

"Get away! I want my dad! Where is my dad! Help! Help"

Peter then knew the kid wasn't going anywhere with his mask on so he decided to take it off

"Hey look kiddo I'm just a regular person just like you." Peter says with his hand in the air "You got name kid?"

Peter then notice a bag near the both of them and read out loud "Jack?"

"Y-Yeah." The kid answered

"Stay very still for me." Peter said as he climbed in to take Jack's seatbelt off.

But while Peter was doing that outside of the car on the door, there was gasoline spreading around the car.

"Ok so I am going to undo the belt and you are going to have to hold onto that seat that is in front of you, can you do that for me?" Peter asks the kid to which he nodded at Peter.

"Ok 1...2...3!" As Peter said 3 Jack did what he was told and that brought a smile to Peter's face "See how easy that was. You did a great job"

Out of nowhere the headlight smashed but Peter didn't know that but it made fire and made everything fall including Peter, Jack and the car so Peter shot another web at the bumper while still holding onto the bridge. Peter didn't know how the fire started but all he knew he needed the kid out of there fast before it can spread even further.

"Jack climb now!" Peter called out

"I can't!" Jack said scared

"Yes, yes you can, trust me." Peter knew that he wasn't going to get anywhere so he spoke up again

"You know a friend of mine convinced me to become a hero, I wasn't going to do that, I just wanted to catch the person who killed my uncle but he convinced me to do it and you want to know why I didn't want to?" Peter stopped and waited for an answer but he never got an answer but so he spoke up "Because I was scared, I thought I would get people hurt or even worse killed, but he still managed to convince me. So how about we don't let him down and you climb up to me ok?"

Right after Peter finished Jack started to climb up from the car seats towards Peter slowly but as soon as he got towards the top

the car dropped

But Peter had just managed to shoot a web at Jack to stop him falling. Peter sighed in relief

Peter then started to swing him back over to his dad and as Peter landed the dad instantly took Jack into his arms without hesitation and while the dad was holding his kid Peter was looking around for the Lizard but couldn't find him so he knew that he got away and he was angry.

The dad had just noticed Peter before he was about to swing away and the dad spoke up "Who are you?" He asked a bit scared of him but he knew that Peter had saved his son.

"I am Spider-Man."

chapter 10 is done 1017 words

A/N I am sorry for the short chapter but I will make the next chapter longer