Chapter 24- The Heroes

The creature flew over the heads of everyone while destroying the sides of the buildings, but while the creature was flying, Chitauri jumped off it and landed on the sides of buildings.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked over the comms

'Seeing. Still working on believing.' Tony replied

"Me and you both pal." Peter chimed in

'Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?'

"Banner?" Steve said a bit unsure

'Just keep me posted.'

"These civilians are not safe anywhere in the city." Natasha said out loud

Peter then thought of somewhere that could keep the civilians safe, but he didn't know if it had got hit yet, but then he started to worry.

"Stark, I need you to check an address, 188 Park Avenue." Peter said over the comms and after a few seconds Tony speaks up.

'If you are on about a shelter, then it hasn't been hit yet, the Chitauri are actually staying completely away from it.'

Peter then has a massive feeling of relief come over him but then he turns to Steve and spoke up.

"If we get the civilians right around the corner to FEAST on 188 Park Avenue. It's a shelter that has food and drinks, they will be safe for however long this lasts for." Peter explains which garners a nod from Steve.

"We can get the police officers to escort them to there while-" Steve got interrupted by multiple Chitauri cruisers flying above their heads

Peter then sees flying one of the cruisers was Loki so he called it out "Loki."

They then seen Loki and a herd of Chitauri blow up a bunch of cars and making them flip over and almost crushing the civilians.

"They're fish in a barrel down there." Steve pointed out

All of a sudden Chitauri came out of nowhere and shot at them.

Peter then shot a web at one of them and slamming their head into another one, then he hand sprung from the hood/bonnet of a taxi and he kicked one in the head, Natasha shot the Chitauri that Peter had left behind while he took down the other.

But then more Chitauri came down landing on more cars ahead.

"We got this. It's good, go." Natasha said towards Peter and Steve

"Are you sure?" Steve asked

"Spidey, Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure." Clint said while getting his bow ready then getting up from cover and shooting a Chitauri in the middle of the head, then it went into two more Chitauri's heads.

"Ok, I'm convinced." Peter said

"Come on, let's go." Steve said to Peter

Steve then jumped off the bridge and he landed on a bus, as he was followed by Peter but swinging in the air just above him.

All of a sudden more Chitauri came swooping down and shot at the bus making fire come from behind.

But as Steve got to the end of the bus the bus exploded making him jump off onto a car but that also exploded so he flew forward.

While all of that was happening Peter was just swinging about while using his spider senses to avoid the shots, but as soon as he seen Steve flew forward Peter noticed he wasn't going to land softly so he shot webs, making a mini trampoline for Steve to jump on but Steve still had momentum, so he flew off and landed with a roll.