The Snake

The maid said to Jodha that because of the attack and still are in unsafe zone his highness is going to be with Jodha the night to save her if someone attacked them.

Although the maids said that Akbar will be with Jodha for her security but it was very hard for her to accept that Jodha thought Akbar wanted to have her and he not the man of his words because he gave his word to Jodha that he will have her when she will give him her consent without her consent he will not touch her.

Akbar entered Jodha's tent and Jodha drew the veil so that they won't see each other but still as it was of net it is possible to see through it.

Akbar came to Jodha's tent and sat on the sofa near to the bed and this made a little assurance to Jodha but she was still not fully assured so she just sat on the bed but didn't sleep.

Akbar noticed that Jodha is not sleeping. He said," Don't worry Queen Jodha, I am here to protect there's no way anyone is going to attack you. You can sleep peacefully now."

Jodha said," How can I sleep infront of a stranger. I can not fall asleep infront of a stranger. You are also stranger to me and who knows maybe you are the one to attack me."

Akbar said," if I was the one to attack you then I wouldn't be sitting here to break my back for while sitting here, I would have been there in your bed right next to you ready to attack. You cannot fall asleep is not my problem so I am sleeping and you keep a watch that who is attacking as you are not going to sleep."

Akbar slept but Jodha couldn't and she was saying in her heart that," he fell asleep while he is here to protect me and he is saying me that I will keep a watch. Look at him sleeping so peacefully hiw will he know if anyone will attack me and he took my sleep away from me. If he wouldn't have been here then I would've probably slept."

Jodha couldn't sleep for some minutes but eventually she did as she tired from traveling while she was sleeping Akbar suddenly got up and entered in the veil which covered the bed and he went to Jodha which felt like he went to her to catch something.

When Jodha saw Akbar she accused him of touching her and said so many things in anger but while Akbar showed his hands to her she went silent and was embarrassed because Akbar was holding a snake which was very poisonous. The Snake was about to attack Jodha while he came and saved her.

Akbar just smirked after listening to Jodha and her accusations and said to the snake that," What did I ever do to you? Because of you, my wife accused me of dishonouring her. She even scolded me. Even I don't have the right to touch her then how did you dare to do so? Be thankful to me that I saved your life because if you had stung her I wonder what would've happened to you. Nobody would've been able to save you from her wrath. Your poison can kill a human being only once but my wife's wrath would've caused you much more pain than death. Do you understand? Akbar said and released the snake from his grip.

Akbar was holding the snake and talking to the snake like the snake is one of the Akbar's acquaintance. Akbar said, " I had no intention of touching you Jodha Begum. I was just trying to save the life of the snake."

Jodha was feeling guilty and thankful so she thanked Akbar for saving her life which Akbar replied, " I thanks to the God because if anything would've happened to the snake then people would've blamed my wife." Akbar was joking but it was hard to accept. He again went to the sofa to sleep.