Sukanya's Marriage

King Bharmal went to Akbar's chamber and showed his sorrow. Jodha rushed to his chamber but didn't enter, she just stood outside of the chamber to listen to their conversation but not to be seen by them.

King Bharmal thanked Akbar that he has fixed Sukanya's marriage in a Rajput family with a princes. Because Jodha was married to him and they were in alliance to Mughals, there was no one to marry Sukanya but now as Akbar fixed this marriage there's a relief.

King Bharmal invited Akbar and his whole family for Sukanya's wedding as this is because of Akbar and this will be the first time Jodha and Akbar going to Amer as a couple to Amer and traveling for the first time after their marriage.

Akbar wanted some time so he took some time from king Bharmal and said that he will give his decision on the next court infront of everyone. Maham Anga was present at that time and listened to the whole conversation and was suggesting him to not to go.

When Ruqaiya knew about the invitation from Jodha's family she denied Akbar from accepting the invitation. Queen Hamida was very happy to know that Akbar has fixed Jodha's sister, Sukanya marriage. She wanted to go to the marriage but Akbar's decision was still pending.

Everyone was sitting in the court where Akbar came and sat on his throne and announced his decision of going to Amer with a large amount of security and his dearly ones. Maham Anga was trying to deny but Akbar shut her up and gave her the responsibility to arrange everything for the trip.

King Bharmal was happy but Jodha was unsure of Akbar's decision and his intentions. King Bharmal was satisfied and left to Amer. Ruqaiya was busy with her 'hookah' so she didn't went to the court but she was sure that Akbar decision would be not to go to Amer.

Maham Anga went to Ruqaiya to burst her bubble and they were planning to stop Akbar from going. Jodha was shocked by Akbar's decision so she went to meet Akbar. Akbar was sitting infront of the mirror looking at his wounds and was about apply the medicine in his face.

Jodha entered Akbar's chamber in confusion but before Jodha could say anything Akbar said," I was going to come and meet you. You gave me these scars and you helped heal them, I wanted to know that when these scars will wear off?"

"Have you decided to go to Amer along with your family?" Jodha asked.

'Luckily, these wounds were given to me by a tiger the scars will wear off with time but if those wounds were given by a tigress, then they'd have scarred me forever.' Akbar said smiling pointing towards Jodha

"I asked you a question and I know that you have the habit of countering a question with another." Jodha said.

'And even you do the same Jodha Begum', Akbar said.

"I won't go from here without an answer", Jodha.

'Do you have any complaint against the people who will accompany me to Amer', Akbar asked to Jodha.

"Your family will be given the best hospitality in Amer, but why are you going to Amer with such a big regiment of soldiers? It will be considered as a slight by the people of Amer. Do you doubt the arrangement of security made by my father?", Jodha asked in confusion.

'Afcourse not Jodha Begum. I know that people of Amer are very loyal to me but what about the others? Who are my enemies. You saw clearly that a Rajput tried to attack me when we were on our way to Ajmer Sharif and during the wedding I'll be surrounded by Rajputs. Don't you think that my life will be at risk when I'm among them? And that's why I am taking a regiment of shoulders with me in order to ensure my safety. It's not uncalled for and when the enemies of your father will see such a big army of soldiers they will think a thousand times before trying to create any problems in your sister's wedding', Akbar said.

'Even I have a question for you Jodha Begum. Are you upset about this alliance or about the fact that I was the one who finalized it', Akbar questioned Jodha smirking.

"I would like to express my gratitude towards you for this favour. But......," Jodha couldn't complete her sentence as Akbar interrupted.

'What is it now Jodha Begum? If I do something bad you are upset if I do something good then too you are upset. Have you been like this since your childhood or where you especially trained in this art?', Akbar said again smirking.

"I am sure that you have a vested interest in finalising Sukanya's wedding", Jodha said knowing Akbar.
'Perhaps. Anyway as I have done this huge favour to you I'd like to get something in return from you', Akbar said smiling towards Jodha.
"I was sure that you would say something like this. I understand how your mind works you don't do anything unless you gain something out of it", Jodha said.
'If you know me so well then why are you wasting time by asking me questions. No questions any more and sent a message to your brother Jodha Begum', Akbar said.

Like. Comment. Share.