Hatred

"I vowed to Devi Maa to behead you infront of her. You cannot imagine the hatred I have towards you. I am married to you, so these things are something I should not imagine or say but I said this before the marriage. I cannot behead you because you are my husband now but my hatred just increases for you." Jodha said holding the Aarti thaal (plate).

Akbar went to the feet of the statue of Devi Maa and bowed down. " You don't have to behead me to fulfill your vow. All I had to do was bow my head in front of the Goddess.
I fulfilled your desire and vow, both."

Jodha and her helper distributed all the Prasad among everyone. Jodha went to Akbar to give him Prasad. Akbar took the Prasad and turned towards the the statue of Devi Maa. Akbar remembered that he questioned Jodha but she didn't answer. But the most important question was pending.

After everything the pandit ji left to some arrangements and Akbar questioned Jodha, " Your vow has been fulfilled. But I still don't understand why you hate me so much? What made you vow to behead me and place my head at the Goddess' feet?"

Jodha said," Don't act as if you don't know anything. Can you see this idol? This is not the idol looked like originally. If you had seen this temple in its original state, then you would have spent hours marvelling at it! This temple was plundered!! This idol was stripped off its finery and ornaments"

"Who caused harm to this temple? I already asked you but you didn't answer. Who did this? Why?" Akbar questioned Jodha with worry in his eyes.

"I don't know why this temple was plundered. But I know who plundered it. Emperor Jalaluddin's soldiers plundered this temple. Don't be so astonished, shehnshah. This is not just a rumour. On the contrary, I witnessed the plundering of this temple. I was right here when they were looting things from this temple. They were plundering this holy abode of Goddess. Moreover, my childhood friend Moti, she was abducted by one of your soldiers. Even today, when I think of that incident, I feel scared. Even while I'm describing this incident to you, I can feel the fear that I felt on that day. I'm sure you remember the incident now. You did much more harm than that, when you waged a war against Amer, you slew many of our soldiers. These are the reasons why I hate you! Tell me. Is any of this reason unjustified? Answer me."

Before Akbar could answer pandit ji came back with a plate full of Prasad and gave it to Jodha to distribute it among her family and Jodha gave some gold and dress for the charity to pandit ji.

Jodha touched pandit Ji's feet and pandit ji blessed her, " May God bless you, May all your wishes be fulfilled. May you bear many childrens. Stay happily married." Jodha was just blankly listening to the blessings of pandit ji because none of the blessings are truly helpful to her. She looked again to the idol of the Goddess and bowed her for the last time and went to her palanquin to leave.

Akbar was enquiring his chief commander, Atgah Khan about the plunder of the temple. Akbar did not command to plunder the temple so how it can be plundered by their soldiers. Akbar was very worried but Atgah Khan suggested him to look into this matter afterwards because now he is in his sister-in-law marriage.

Like. Comment. Share.