Chapter One: The Hallway...

The corridor was filled with chatter, rumors going around, different social groups, Havencrest High School.  Havencrest, or as I call it, Hell and No Rest, is where I go to school.  Hey, I'm Adeline Parker and this is the story of my crazy life.  Lucas Bennet, the rebel.  He constantly stalks me after school and doesn't leave me alone.  Being a Junior in high school has its downfalls, I guess.  I open my locker, password 062008.  As I get my books for my writing program club and shut the door, I turn around and someone pins me, Lucas.  "Why were you at Sean's house the other day?  And don't tell me it was a study hall because that's a lie".

  His eyes burn with jealousy.

  "Can you relax?  He's my friend and yes, we were just studying together.  Besides, that's none of your business anyways".

I reply, staring right at him, maybe even a death glare.  Even though the height difference is immaculate, he doesn't scare me, or so I thought.  I get out of the way, out of the cage that was his body, he follows me. 

"Why are you such a harlot, huh?  Hanging with other guys, dressing up like no one's business!"

He seemed angry, a little psychotic to be honest.

"I'm not a harlot, I'm just pretty is all.  And, I don't 'hang with other guys', because there are no 'others' since I'm not with you and never will be" I respond coldly, staring him down.

"Oh yeah? 'Pretty' huh?  Why don't I spread the word about you last Saturday at Collin's party?  Would you just be 'pretty' by now?"

  Collin is my crush's best friend, we've been good buddies since childhood so I knew they were just rumors because he had no proof.

"I'm late for class, stop talking to me"

I leave, bump his shoulder onto mine on purpose, he doesn't move since his body is like a rock.  He stood in front of me. 

"C'mon...you know you want me.  You looking at me in the halls, smiling and biting your pencil...you like me and I know it". 

He was spewing nonsense, I only look like that because my crush, Jacob Smith, is in the same class as him and I and he's in front of Lucas. 

"No, no I don't."  I say bluntly. 

"Liar."

He says, almost growling.  I walk away faster, fleeing from the intensity of it all.  He just stands in the same spot as I speed walk. 

"I know you do, Adeline Parker". 

I'm ten minutes late to my class, had to explain to Mr. Vedova, my writing instructor.

"Yes, that's fine and I'm sorry I give you a hard time about it, I thought he was your boyfriend". 

He says patting my back after class.  I then had enough.  Enough of him hurting me and my family by stalking me, spreading rumors about me, I'm done.

"Hey, what's up?".  My twin sister, Lily- or, Lilian calls me. 

"Yeah, I just wanted to uhh, tell you that I'll be late tonight, I'm going to Brody's".

Brody's her boyfriend, she tends to crash at her place, she'd always been the bold one. 

"Yeah, sure, I'll make sure to clean your room".  I say. 

"Thank you! Don't tell mom!".  She squeaks then hangs up. Now, there wasn't anything that would stop me in my tracks to confront Lucas. 

TO BE CONTINUED ...