Chapter Two: The Stand Off...

Walking my way through third period, I see him.  Talking to another girl, why am I surprised?

  "My, my, my, if it isn't the shorty who wants to confess her feelings to me?".  He seemed cocky, very cocky and confident in fact.  This had no such thing to do with my feelings, but only my feelings of rage.  "You know what, Lucas?  I'm done, why do I stand out so much to you, huh?  I have a twin sister who looks exactly like me! Lily is a prettier, dumb, gullible girl and I'm sorry to say it like that but she is!  Why don't like you someone like her".

  "Because I love you! Okay?". His words cut me off.  "Your sister? Why would I ever want to be with Lily?  Like you said, she's dumb and gullible, she'll fall for my tricks.  I don't want something easy.  That's why I love you, Addie...you're bull-headed and everything I want!".    Now the octaves of his voice go higher, everyone in the halls listening.

"No, you don't love me, I don't feel the same way to leave me alone!".  I storm off, but only to feel Lucas grabbing my wrist.  "Let go!  You're hurting me!".  "I can't, I won't lose you".

  I see a shadow, signaling that a fist might hit my face.  I'm ready to get hit but then I feel another shadow stop it.

"Let. Her. Go".

  His voice never felt so angelic.  Jacob Smith, my childhood friend since we were four years old.  I never thought I would fall more in love with him than I did at that moment. Lucas is hesitant, but I'll tell you that Jacob is a pro wrestler and does a martial art called Muey Thai, which is very dangerous.

  "I said, let her go".

  His voice intimidates Lucas, I feel a loose pressure on my wrist.  I fall down to the ground immediately after he released my wrist, all the adrenaline and anxiety taking over.  Jacob catches me ever so gently.

  "Are you okay? Oh God, you're ice cold".  His hands feel my face, but I see Lucas' shadow.  "Jake, look out!".

  I said it too late, Lucas punched him in the face.  He started bleeding, then he got up and started fighting back, he broke his hand after he broke Lucas' nose.  Principal Norman wanted both of us to go to the nurse, Lucas would be in another recovery room.  As the nurse wraps Jacob's hand and fist from the damage, he turns to me.

"Are you sure you're okay?  You're so pale", there it is again.

That warm, safe feeling I get looking up at him.  Again, everyone is taller than me so imagine having to look up at a 6'4" wrestling champ.  A rush of pink color goes down my cheeks, he noticed.

  "Oh, look, there you go...you're getting better already".  Yeah, because of you.  "It seems so".  I chuckle.  In no time, I felt better, and was ready to take my life back.  Until Lucas walked out. 
"Addie! Please!  You know you want to be with me".He shouts from across the room, everyone's classes were excused because of our fight.
  "How about you stop getting in her life?  You've been acting like this since freshman year, dude.  I don't know what's wrong with you but if I were your parents, I'd send you away".

Jacob hit him right where it hurt.  Lucas has a past of depressive psychosis, psychotic and sociopathic behavior.  It was merely announced when he first got to Havencrest, but I didn't see that side of him until Sophomore year.  I texted Lucas's mom, and she agreed that he should go to a mental institution.  A white van came, with four big nurses ready to take him to Fallingberg Mental Institution. 

"No, you can't do this!! No, WHY ADELINE!?!  I'll get you back, I swear on my life!".

His screams were painful to hear as they took him and drove away.  I started crying, I don't know why, but I still cared because he used to be my friend.  I cry in Jacob's arms, feeling that same safety and smelling the same cologne he's had since Sophomore year.

"It's okay, he's gone now, alright?".  He leans down to talk to me, his comforting voice and those beautiful green eyes complementing his kindness.  I nod.  "Mhmm, thank you, so much".  I say.  He nods.

  "It was nothing really, you know I love you".  Jacob adds, making my face redder than a tomato.  Love me?  He...loves me?

TO BE CONTINUED...