Chapter Four: Your Eyes...

I mean, he said he loved me, but as friends!! No one could ever love me, only if you were crazy, literally!  I had my stalker declare his love for me!  As we dig in, Lily gives me a look.  Every time she gives me a look, she's telling me "Make. A. Move!"  with just one eyebrow raise and a smirk.  Mom does it too or tries to anyway.  I ignore them, finishing my soup first.  Jacob finishes the soup right after.

  "Thanks, Mom", "Yeah, Thanks, Mrs. Parker!".

She only smiles at us as we go upstairs to do our homework. 

"So, I'll do your math homework and you do my English?"  Jacob proposes a deal, like we always did since 6th grade.  He was the math geek, I was the writer.  "Deal!".

  After an hour and a half doing each other's homework, we're finally done.

  "Up top, tiny!" he says, reaching for a high five.  Of course, he makes fun of my height but honestly, it didn't hurt since sometimes I imagine him liking that I'm so short.   Our hands are still in the high five position, I start comparing his hand size to mine.  "I never knew your hands were so big".

  I examine his palms some more.  They're really warm.  Sweaty, but warm.  He takes that hand and scruffles my hair.

"Like, you're so tiny, it's adorable!"  He laughs.  "Ha, ha, hilarious" I mock him.  He looks into my eyes, for a bit too long and it makes my cheeks pink.  "Your eyes...I never knew they were so pretty until I looked up close".

  He strokes my cheek with his palm, examining my heterochromia.  "Heterochromia isn't common, but it's only one blue and one brown" I say.  He let his hand down.  "No, not JUST brown, it's a golden amber when in the sun, and it looks like honey underwater.  It gets caramel at night and it's usually a darker hue when you're inside, but still somehow glows". My face was heating up by the second.  "And...your blue eye isn't JUST a blue eye.  It looks turquoise when you look at the sun, it looks periwinkle underwater.  I tend to notice that it gets darker blue when you look at me...you can look at everyone else and it remains sky blue, but it looks steel blue when you look at me".

He finishes with that, and I mean honestly, did he practice from a book or something? There's no way he was a born poet.

"Okay, I see you!  Mr. Poet, who you trynna practice on?" I giggle, hiding the fact that it made me blush.  I hit his shoulder playfully.  He gives a soft laugh. "Well, stop talking bad about your super rare and beautiful eye condition, then I won't pull the Mr. Poet card".

Our faces get unintentionally closer, and I realize what I'm doing.  "We should hit the hay, otherwise you're gonna wanna drum on something" I said, his blanket fort set up so he could sleep comfortably.  "Good night, tiny," he said. "Good night, dummy".  I watch him drift off to sleep, wondering when I'll ever have the courage to tell him what I truly feel.

TO BE CONTINUED..