Chapter Ten: Should I Tell Him?...

Maybe perhaps...tell him how I actually feel.  Even though this whole "give Everly a chance" thing is extremely absurd, I love Jacob, I'll do anything to make him happy. 

Even if it's with a skunk that could live a hundred lifetimes and still wouldn't deserve that boy.

"Oh. My. God.  This is my best masterpiece yet." the biggest smile on Lily's face as she sang with glee. 

I look into the mirror and don't even recognize myself.

I look like a totally different person.

"Woah, Lily," I snickered.

"I look"--

"You are the definition of beauty!" Lily interrupts my comment, gazing upon my jade-colored skin tight sweater dress.  I mean, anyone smart would try to hit on me now.

Also, it's the middle of November, so fall is here and this green fits perfectly.

"Now, let's get to the cafe before we're late."  giggled Lily as we rush to the cafe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of course, Everly's late.

As my Auburn locks blow in the wind, Lily points out what she's wearing.

Finally she's here, and Jacob looks gorgeous.  

His honey blonde hair and sage green eyes sparkle effortlessly, Jacob immediately finding where we sat. 

"I'm so glad you came, I'm so sorry we're late"-- Jacob stopped for a minute to reflect on what was in front of him, I could tell.  He does that thing where there's this gleam in his eye when he's focused on something.

And that "something" is me.

Everly notices too, nudging his shoulder, Jacob now back from the trance of my face. 

"Uhm, this is Everly as you know!  I hope we can all get along from now on and be good friends." muttered Jacob, passing the menus to all of us. 

"Welcome to 'My Terra' Cafe! I'm Rose, your server today, how can I help you?"

She seems young but damns he's good at her job.

"Hello, I'd like the avocado toast on gluten free bread and a glass of your finest water." Everly confidently states her close-to-nothing food.

Something about Jacob: he likes girls who can eat.

He told me himself! We were messing around, talking about crushes and what would be our type.  I still remember as if it was yesterday.

"No, this is gonna sound weird but...I like girls who can eat.  Not chubby girls, nut girls who aren't afraid to show that they like food.  Well, I'd gladly help them through their journey if they have weight problems, but she can't be afraid to show the fact that she's cultured and likes a bit of everything."

I listened to him talk on and on about this subject and honestly, it was refreshing to hear something new, something different than guys wanting to have "skinny girls".  It was charming, really.

Now, it was my turn to order. 

"Hey, Rose!  How's Gwen doing?  I hope she's getting better from that cold." Rose is a friend of mine in Chemistry class, that's why I recognized her!  She's so sweet and she wears glasses, she makes cookies for the writing club.

"Well, thank you, my sister will greatly appreciate it"  she replied, smiling softly.

"I'd like the 'Hall Of Fame Burger' with extra mushrooms and buffalo sauce and no tomatoes or onions, with a side of cheesy chili tater tots and an Aloe vera juice please, the one with lychee?"