Chapter Seven: Wrestling Match...

"Do you feel at least a bit better?" I ask, looking over to Lily. "Yeah...now that I have good quality makeup, I do"

she sigh-laughs, now not worried about her foundation melting every time she cries.  Jacob walks in the middle of us but smiling at me.  As we arrived home, Jacob hugs me tightly.

"Thank you, for this, for everything. You know I'd do anything for you" he says, his breath warming up your face.  "No problem, are you and your mom good or do you need to stay another night?"

I say, chuckling.  He nods.  "Yeah, mom needs to cool off for another night but is that okay with you?"  he asks, his eyes grew worried.  "Yeah, of course! Why did I ask you then, silly!?"  I say, inviting him to the house once more. 

"Welcome again, lovebirds!! Hey Jakie, I sent you mom an apology basket but she hasn't replied or come ever since you three were gone.  How was the mall?"  My mother says.  "It was great, and thank you Mrs. Parker, I'm sure she'll turn up in the morning!  She loves baskets of all kinds"  He replies to my mother, rubbing the back of his neck, bashful. 

"Why don't you pick up some pajamas from Fred's drawer?  He gained a few pounds, so his clothes are your size, Jakie!" 

My mom yells from downstairs as we step into my room.

  "Don't worry, I packed my own stuff before I got here so I won't be needing your da;s pajamas" 

Jacob laughs, glad that he won't be needing my father's clothing. 

"For sure, I like your pajamas better anyway" I say, ruffling his hair.

  "Oh, you really wanna do that?" he says playfully, now ruffling my hair.

"Oh no, you don't!" I exclaimed, tackling him and now it has turned into a playful wrestle. 

I miss these days, where we just wrestled harshly without realizing so it was refreshing to me. Jacob knows all my tickle spots, so he takes an advantage.

"Stop, Jake!" I scream-laugh, I tackled him once more and now I'm top of him. "Boop!" he says, booping my nose, making me blush. He takes that weak spot and gets on top of me.  

"Looks like I win, again! HA!"  Jacob says, laughing at my messy hair while his hands are still on my wrist, so I didn't move.  He tucks my hair behind my ear with his right hand, one wrist free. 

"You know, I like it when you're out of control, you're always so put together...It's nice, seeing you like this, like we were kids again..." he notices that I try to be perfect for everyone, everyone but myself. 

That's what I love about Jacob, he's always willing to understand you even if he hasn't lived it himself, it's endearing.  But, in this case, he has lived my life because he's in it every single day.

"You know, you look pretty with your hair down" he uttered, a silence overcame the room. 

Jacob seemed like he needed to snap out of something because after all the intense eye contact, he looked away. 

"HA! You lose the staring contest!"  I say, trying to make the situation funny.  He laughs.  "Say the magic word..'I lost' " he said, still implying the wrestling match.  "Fine....I.." I started, now seeing that my hands were free.  "I...will NOT lose!"

I tackled him once more, ending up in the position Jacob was five minutes ago.  He blushes red.

"Fine...I lost" Jacob admits, trying to get off me as soon as he could. "I'll get the mattress ready, go get the blankets from the dryer, please" I say, getting the air mattress from the attic. 

Jacob gets the sheets and blankets as I fill up the mattress with air. 

"Oh!  Way more comfier than your bed...just kidding! Nothing is more comfier than you!"

He says, in a tone that meant 'I don't want to hurt your feelings'. 

I still overthink about what Lily said.  "He's obviously in love with you" still rings in my head as I don't see the signs myself.  Or maybe I'm just blind. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey...so about that girl..." I start, talking about his dream from the night before. 

TO BE CONTINUED...