Chapter Nine: No Medal In Meddling...

The next day comes by and I was expecting a surprise confession with rows of roses, but instead I wake up to Jacob giggling on the phone. 

"Yeah, I'll see you too babe, bye~"

"Babe"?

"Heyyyy, good morning. Nest head" he says, referring to my hai as he's tapping the top of it.

"Hey. Jake, who were you on the phone with?  You sounded like a little girl."  I questioned.

"My girlfriend, Everly Harper, you know her!! She was from Sophomore year!".

Oh, God, Everly?  Why her?  Out of all the girls in the world, WHY HER?!?

Okay, let me give you some backstory on Everly Harper pretty miss perfect. Everly, more like Neverly, Harper was my Sophomore year bully.  Jacob never got to witness
her bullying me, though.  She used to beat me up with her friends Tiffany and Bethany.  She used to call me "Fatso" across the halls.  It was a horrible year for me. I don't want him to date her, he hasn't seen our chemistry from last night?  I mean, I was "asleep", but he touched my face with his warm palms and even before that it felt like our faces were close, a bit too close.  I felt so swoon and like I was on cloud nine, now I'm on cloud negative nine.  Besides that, I'm scared he'll forget about me because Everly is very popular, especially with the boys.  She might as well get the award for Biggest Slut. 

"So...about last night, why did you touch my face?  I felt a hand on my cheek when I fell asleep."

A lie.

"Oh, I was making sure you were asleep because I needed pointers on how to get with Everly, you tend to get jealous."

I hope he doesn't see the aggravation of my face.

"You're red with rage! You know what?  Maybe you should be called a " First-Degree Meddler".

Ouch, does he really think I meddle?

"Everly's great, just give her a chance." 

I nod, get dressed, and leave the room. 

I did give her a chance.  Like, one hundred-thousand, two-hundred and seventy-two times to be exact.  I hate how she can just get away with everything even though she hasn't deserved one damn thing in her life.

"He called you a meddler?  Such a d-bag!" Lily blurted, angry at Jacob's words.

"Well, honey, you don't get a medal for meddling."

Thanks, MOM!

"So, you're on HIS side?!"

"No, Addie, I just mean...let him be happy, even if it's with Everly."

I guess she's right, I'll give it my one-hundred-thousand, two-hundred and seventy-third chance to Emily, let's see if she's actually changed.  But first, if I want to be on level with Everly, I'm gonna have to ask Lily for her help.  She used to be part of Everly's girl group along with Tiffany and Bethany until she decided Lily wasn't "as popular" anymore.  Which, for the record, Lily slept with more guys than Everly so I wouldn't consider her "not as popular".  I know that's bad to say but that's like, one of the only things that Lily likes to remind herself about. 

"Okay, so, the only other color she thinks is "sexy" other than red is forest green.  So, she'll probably wear red because it's her signature color." 

No kidding, she even has her instagram profile red!  How did she do that? 

"So, here's what we're gonna do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the hangout at six o'clock was still on, I am ready to confront Jacob about everly, for real.

TO BE CONTINUED...