Chapter Fifteen: Destiny...

What do I do, what do I do!?  He seems to be handling it just fine right now, but I really want to help him as much as I can! Graduation is next month, I'll be eighteen and we could move in together!  It's a solid plan, I just really want to help him get through this, you know?  With the job I have right now, it could pay rent for a two bedroom and one bathroom with a patio.  It seems enough, enough for us.

"Addie?  Adeline?  Are you okay?"

I see Jacob's hands wave over my face as I zone out about what to do.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just zoned out" I chuckle nervously.

"Well, you just completed the Hello Kitty Lego set with your awesome boyfriend, Jacob Smith!" He give me a double high five.

I keep in my thoughts, how could I ruin this moment for him?  He's so adorable!
"Oh, hell yeah, I did! You're the best boyfriend ever!" I go along with his excitement because I don't want to be the downer.

Maybe it's not a big deal!  Maybe those pills are for his dad or maybe he doesn't hallucinate often and I'm just tripping out...so I take a deep breath of relief as I think of those possibilities too.

"I had so much fun today, honey! See you tomorrow"--

"Oh, wait! I almost forgot I bought a book bag for all those books, I need to get me a copy of those!" he exclaims, winking at me as I giggle in return.

I kiss his cheek and I go home, which is right next door.

I put my book bag on my bed and the Hello Kitty set on my desk.  It was time I had desk decor.  And the flowers, Oh, they're gorgeous! 

I look up Mendroxina again, I said I'd drop it but really...who would drop the fact that their boyfriend could be a schizophrenic that can forget things at an extreme level?  I'm sure that there isn't anything bad going on, right?

"Mendroxina's side effects include nausea, forgetfulness, manic episodes, hyper sexual drive to no sexual drive and hyperactive behaviors."

Okay well, he probably isn't taking any if he does have it.

"People taking Mendroxina spend more time contemplating on how to tell loved ones about their dosage which creates high leves of stress, in sudden need of more medication."

FUCK YOU GOOGLE!

I close my computer in disbelief that Google would turn against me like that.  Well, not literally.  I just hate facing that possible fact.

I won't think about that, I'll focus on graduating and moving to New York.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello dear students and families, we are gathered here today to celebrate another year at Havencrest High School!  We've faced some wonderful achievements in this school year, time has past so fast and we'd like for our Valedictorian, Adeline Parker to start off with a speech!"

A month in, I still feel like I'm in Junior year.

"Well, class of 2015 am I right?"

Everyone starts cheering.

"I'm very thankful to have met all these students here.  The successes, the challenges, the heartbreak, the drama, but most of all, the history we made here.  One day, our kids will see these pictures and go 'i want to be Valedictorian too'.  That's what life's about! Cherishing and loving the moments with the people here that see you every day.  It's not about what you wanna be, because to be honest, I still don't have one hell of a clue what I wanna do,"

I'm glad I wrote this last minute or else I would've ate shit.

"So, in our bright future, we'll finally know what we want to be, because Havencrest sure as hell helped us determine that Physics is NOT my thing!"

I finish the speech, everyone clapping, cheering, and crying over my words.  We get handed out our diplomas, and we're set off, free into the world.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy Birthday, dear Adeline! Happy Birthday to you!" My family and loved ones celebrate my 20th birthday.

It's been three years since graduation.  I live with Jacob in New York, things seem to be going great for me.

"Go on, honey, blow out your candles!" Mom rejoices as everyone waits for me to make a wish.

I blow hard on the "20" symbol candles, and make the biggest wish of my life.

I want to marry Jacob.

Everyone claps and whoops at my birthday and my successes over the past three years. 

"A toast, to Adeline, for always being there for me when I needed her most, and a hot date!" Elenor slurs her words, drunk on champagne.

I'm not surprised that Lily is too.

"Thank you for being born on this day, it's made my days go brighter knowing that you're with me.  Adeline Josephine Parker,"

Oh God, not my middle name!

"I love you so much and I wish your birthday wish and many other desires come true as you are now twenty years old.  Can I ask you something?"

Jacob...he's getting on one knee, I think I'm gonna be sick.

TO BE CONTINUED...