Chapter Sixteen: Planning...

"May I, Jacob Smith, do the honors of marrying the most amazing woman in the world, Ms. Adeline Parker?"  He pulls out a gorgeous circular diamond ring with several other smaller diamonds all around the band.

Everyone looks at me in anticipation, hoping my answer would be–

"Yes! Oh my God, yes! Of course I'll marry you!"  Jacob grabs me by the waist and spins me around like we were seventeen again, like if he asked me to be his girlfriend again. 

When I found out he might have schizophrenia.

I kiss him in response to that dark thought, I shoo it away like a stormy cloud above my head.  Everyone's laughing, hugging us both and rejoicing our engagement.

"Mrs. Smith, has a nice ring to it, am I right?" I joke.

"Now let's eat some cake!" A very drunk Lily and Elenor take a bite from the chocolate-peanut butter delicacy.

They're too drunk for this, I'll text them the big news when we're back in New York.

You have no idea how happy I am to move out of Fallingberg, it's a wonderful place, really! The orange leaves in the fall, the snowing driveways in the winter, it's really gorgeous in the summer.  I just want something new, a complete fresh start for my life. Especially because I have bad memories there, sending Lucas Bennet into Fallingberg Mental Institution was one of the biggest traumas of my life.

And I never want to live that or remember that again.

Besides, New York is so amazing, the lights, the screen ads, the architecture, the beautiful restaurants, it has it all. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we load our stuff the next morning in our car (A big, nice gray Range Rover to be precise, it's white and Jake called it Jadeline), Mom comes out with a present.

"I saw this and thought of you, happy engagement, we're all so excited.  So is Lily and Elenor, but you'll text them about it right?  They were too faded to even know what was going on." a little chuckle comes out of my mom, I laugh with her because let's be honest, Lily likes to party.

"Yeah, I will, I'll call you when I land, alright?"  I hug my mom goodbye and off to the Fallingberg Airport we go.

"Please remain seated after your luggage has been packed and put on your seatbelts, next stop, New York!"  The pilot spoke through the microphone.

Jacob holds my hand after we're seated.

"What's up Jake?  You're nervous?"

"No, I never told you this but...I'm scared of heights."

Now I can't take him seriously.  I laugh and accidentally snort at the fact.

I honestly didn't believe him, but then he gave me the biggest side eye to ever exist. I stop laughing.

"What about sky-diving in Dubai? Bungee jumping in Japan?"

"I did it because I saw how fearless you were, you make me not scared Addie."

He has a warm smile now, my face softening as I grip on his hand.

"We'll get through this, together."

We land home and into our taxi we go.

"To 5035 Wonder Lane, please!" we say at the same time, giggling and kissing in the back seat.

Jacob pays the cab and we're in our home.

Home, it's so nice to call something that isn't it?

I start to unpack my things and start texting our group chat in the middle of it.