Chapter Nineteen: Uninvited Guest...

Why was Lucas here?  Wasn't he in the institution?  How did he escape?

"Lucas..." I trail off, almost passing out.

Everyone gasps in horror as he walks up the aisle.  Jacob steps in front of me, protecting me.

"The hell do you want, Bennet?"

"Oh, but I'm only here for my bride." He darts his eyes at me.

A shock of terror and fear go down my spine, shivers running through me until I got goosebumps. 

"You look so beautiful.." he somehow pushes Jacob out the way, now caressing my hair.

Now tears in my eyes, I try to stand up for myself.

"W-What do you want?" I say, my face shaking. 

Jacob saw the life come out of me, terrified of what's to happen.  I slap Lucas across his face out of anger.

"I don't want you here." my eyes daggered on his, seeing red.

"Oh, yes you do, you're just afraid to say we're in love."

"I'm not, because I don't love you."

A look of surprise and dismay came his way.

Jacob steps in and calls the guards.

"Could you take him? We have an uninvited guest it seems."

The bodyguards nodded in agreement and took him away, Lucas resisting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Everyone, stay calm, we have kicked out the intruder, stay calm." Lily reassures the guests, calmly lifting them back up from the floor.

Our minister, Elenor (yes, she took a ministry class just so she could marry us), clears her throat.

"Shall we continue? With your vows?"

I smile at Jacob and he nods before letting out a big tear before he started his vows.

"Adeline, ever since we were kids, I knew there was something special about you.  Other than your immense beauty or your big brains that I denied to see at first; I knew there was a spark, even platonically.  Seven years old and I already had complicated feelings about if I liked you or not. Years went by and I would catch you staring at me when you slept over for the weekend.  I took off my shirt in front of you and put on the shirt you gave me from the MNIXX concert you went to.  You stared at me!  Out of all the hot guys you could stare at; not trying to be cocky here," the guests laughed at the comment as he went on.

"You chose to stare at me.  From that day on, I over thought about EVERYTHING when you were around.  Even in our study session at your place, I couldn't tell if you liked me or not.  Junior year was the year I barely realized why I felt like my lungs gave out when you passed by the halls, why my heart started beating like crazy when you laughed.  It was the year when I found out why I wanted to be near you every single day even though we were neighbors.  It was because I fell in love with you."

At this point, I feel like kissing him and never letting go, I look a mess, don't I?

"My love, you are as essential as air and as breathtaking as your poetry.  I promise to be by your side, cry with you, laugh with you, and one day hug our kids with you.  You're everything I needed in life before I even realized it, I love you."

Everyone claps, my mother clinging onto my dad, sobbing at his words.

His eyes swelled with tears, giving me a nod of approval and I start with mine.

"Jacob, I honestly never thought this day would come.  You standing here in front of me...receiving me as your wife. You are the laughter that heals my soul, the river and keeps going, the spark that never went out.  You are my peace.  I can remember Junior year of high school like it was yesterday.  I fell so hard for you, and I thought you didn't care enough to notice.  I remember we had a study session at my house and all of a sudden your voice got serious.  You put one of my locks of auburn hair behind my ear. You complimented my eyes.  Since I have heterochromia, it can be distracting because you can never know which eye to look like," My last sentence was going to hit him like a bus, you'll see!  I told you I'm a poet.

"But you accepted my eyes, just like you accepted my heart after all the waiting."

Got him.  His eyes are splurging with tears, was it a goal of mine? Fuck yes.

"You may now kiss"-

I pull him by the collar to kiss me, he takes initiative and pulls my waist, wraps his arms tightly around it and lifts me. Everyone started cheering, crying even! Even Elenor.  And I thought she didn't have feelings half the time.  Everything was magical, everything was perfect. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Go on! Open your next present!" My mom loves opening gifts, ever since we were kids.  Honestly, she was our first "Adelline + Jacob" shipper. 

I picked up the next present, it was Elenor's, it's the wrapping that gave it away.   I know this because she's awful at wrapping gifts, but the thought counted.  The card said "Have fun while hubby is away" and nothing else.

"Before I open this, what is this message supposed to mean, Elie?" I ask, in suspicion but also just very curious

"Well, you'll never know until you open it!" She crosses her arms, joking about her pity.

I open the box, and I got silent for at least five executive and long seconds.

TO BE CONTINUED...