Chapter Seventeen: Plane Ride...

As the flight attendant tells us to put on our seatbelt, I can hear the cheers of my family and friends behind us while Jacob and I were in first class.  Champagne pouring in our glasses, the clink from from as we say "cheers".  Everything was perfect, and I wasn't letting anything get in the way of that.

LILY: Guess what?

ME: What's up, Lilypad?

LILY: I'm taking a date with me, I met him from one of our trips!

ME: What's his name?

LILY: Lucas!  I think he was in Havencrest, actually! Man, it's been a while, we should totally egg the school or something

ME: There was a lot of guys named Lucas, his last name?

LILY: I think it was Lucas Jackson

The hugest sigh of relief takes over me as I click faster on my phone.

"Hey honey, is something wrong?"

Tears roll up my eyes from the boulder off my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine!"

He wipes my tears away and caresses my cheek.

"Nothing to be sad about, today will be the best night of our lives! I'm sure your dress is the most exquisite gown I will ever see." He moves me with his comforting words, I kiss his hand and nod happily.

"I'm sure it will be." I giggle, more hot tears coming down my waterline before I cool down.

"Your meal is here, maam! Please enjoy!"  A flight attendant gave me the most delicious looking food I have ever seen.  It was steak with smashed potatoes and this sauce was–

This sauce was–

I feel rashes and hives come on all over my arms, legs, and back.  I feel my eyes start to itch and swell up too.  Jacob looks at the flight attendant worriedly.

"Excuse me, what did the sauce contain?"

"Its a delicate shrimp sauce, sir."

No wonder.

Jacob reaches for my Epipen in my bag...

It's not there.

Jacob gets out of his seat in worry, as my reaction has gotten worse.  I feel like hurling all I ate, my head feels funny, I can't even speak.

He runs into the business class civilians, practically begging for their help.

"Does anyone have an Epipen?  My fiance, she's having an allergic reaction to shrimp, is anyone in the medical field?" His voice was getting desperate, scared that his future wife would die.

Two men raised their hands and followed Jacob into first class. Jacob carries me out of my seat to lay down for good measure.

"She's allergic to shellfish and she almost ate the whole steak that had shrimp sauce on it, and the attendant didn't even tell her!" Jacob's anger towards the fact that I'm in pain intensifies.

He looks over at her nametag, and his brows furrow, his face screaming with rage. 

I didn't have the ability or care of who it was, I just didn't want to die on my wedding night. One of the men gave me a big dose of an Epipen, and my swelling started to go away almost immediately.  The other man, who was a doctor, gave me some antibiotics to take so I feel better.

"You'll be asleep for about four hours, which we will be in Bali by then, so make sure she rests in her seat and takes it easy." I think his name was Doctor Khan. 

Jacob hugs the doctor out of joy that I'm okay.

"Thank you so much, doctor."

He nods humbly and both men return to their seats, another flight attendant announces what happened and reminds them to stay calm as the situation has been solved.

Jacob's smile dissipates, the flight attendant who served me is his target.

"Where are you going, doodle?" I ask, loopy from all the drugs I've been given.

"I'm gonna take care of something."

He walks up to the bar in first class and sees her.  Everly Harper, in the flesh.

I only know this because he called her name and fought with her about how she tried to poison me, which I understand why honestly.  He sees her ex that used her to get with another girl and she knew I was allergic to shellfish. Jacob has been posting about this wedding since we got engaged, she still follows him on Facebook, and I really didn't expect that an inside joke turned into a reality.

"Okay, why does Everly Harper still follow you?  She's been stalking our Facebook page, you don't think she'll give me shrimp on purpose and kill me do you?"  I gasp jokingly, Jacobs looks serious as he looks into my eyes, then starts laughing with me. 

The memory of it seems distant, like it's been forever since we got engaged.  Now I'm here, blinking at the window full of clouds in front of me, I doze off when my eyes feel heavy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Bali, please remain in your seats as the lights go off to get your belongings" is all I was able to hear before Jacob wakes me up and lifts me gently, I'm still woozy from the antibiotics. 

"Hey honey, we're here!  I'll go get your stuff, you just stay right there, okay?" His voice is so soothing when I'm high.  Well, it's soothing all the time, but you get it.  I sit back down and lo and behold, he's carrying my suitcases.  I giggle at his chivalry, I offer to grab a bag, and I got the hang of it, I'm getting better already!  As we roll our belongings out of the airport, now at our wedding destination, my family runs to me and checks if I'm okay.

"Oh, my God! Shrimp? Everly, that fucking bitch! No hives, no more itchy?" My mom cups my face, checking for any more signs of possible death.

"I'm alright mom, these doctors put a big Epipen on me and some antibiotic pills so I felt a bit loopy."  I sigh-laugh, stroking the nape of my neck with my hand.  My dad hugs me tight, cracking all of my bones.

Lily does the same, she presents me her date and let me just say...he's hot.  Not for me though, it's very Lily of her to date a taller, tanner, older, gray-eyed dude.

As we get into our rental car and place our belongings into it, Jacob closes the trunk and starts driving.

"Where are we going?"

"The hotel, you need more rest honey.  Especially because our wedding is in eight hours."

"Well shit, what time did we fly in?"

TO BE CONTINUED...