Chapter Five: Nightmare Cuddle...

The next morning, I feel a warmth surrounding me on the bed, it's Jacob...it's..JACOB?  Did we do anything last night?  Did Lily spike my Matzo ball soup?  Oh, wait, he has his clothes on, false alarm!  Jacob usually slept on my bed whenever he had nightmares growing up and well, I'm four months older than him he sorta seems to still be the baby.  He wakes up calmly, and says the exact thing I thought earlier.

"Oh, my God!  Did we do anything?  Was I drunk?...I have my clothes on, phew! I'm so sorry, I must've had a nightmare, I got used to what we did when we were kids".  He chuckles, blushes embarrassed. "No need to be embarrassed, dummy!  C'mon, help me make the bed...".

One heavy arm later and I couldn't get up.

"Nooooo, can't we stay like this, just for a bit longer? I miss the old times!".  He convinced me fully.  "FINE! But only because I've been wanting to, too" I say.

So there we are, in my bedroom, cuddling on the bed like we were six years old again.  I can't bear the fact that he might not even feel something for me but he gives me mixed signals like this?  I might have to tell him at some point! What am I supposed to do?  Just, be like "Oh hey, I have feelings for you and I think I love you and I'm confused because you keep sending me mixed signals and scared because I'm afraid that no one will ever love me like you do"? HELL NO!  That's scary and over-analytical.  An hour passes by and I'm the little spoon in Jacob's arms.  The dynamic has changed since he's literally an Avatar and I'm merely a damsel in distress.  He says something in his sleep, and it isn't audible at first, but he repeats it like someone in his dream asked him to say it again. 

"I like her...I really, really like her. You don't understand!", he says, this dream is getting GOOD.  "Her eyes...the way they shine up at me because she's so short, the way her lips purse up...ugh, those lips!  I'd love to kiss them.  I almost did once, last night...Man, I wish to be bold enough to have just held her beautiful face and kiss those irresistible...plump, beautifully red lips". 

Okay, I mean!  There's a LOT of girls shorter than him and he could've almost kissed his crush before he got to my place!  But, he was with me the whole time...walking to school, from school...Is he..talking about me? 

"I fell in love with her in middle school, we've been friends forever but one look at her and it was over for me.  I told all my friends about how lucky I was to be walking to school with her...and how I got to talk to her every single day..."

he dozed off after that, for real.  He hugs me tighter, making me feel so strange yet so alive.  My back was facing his chest, so I turn over to see his face.  It's hard not to fall for him when he's right in front of me.  Jacob grabs my legs and scoots me higher, so my face isn't on his stomach but instead dangerously close to his face. I'm used to this, although it doesn't seem like an innocent scoot today.  It feels like he WANTS me to be this close to his face after that sleep-talking sesh.  Another thirty minutes and Lily walks in.

  "Am I interrupting something?  Or are you guys doing the nightmare cuddle?".  Lily knows what this is about because Jake used to do it to Lily as well, we used to take turns.  Now that I say that out loud, it makes me more doubtful that he likes me.  "Nightmare cuddle, unfortunately" I say, covering his ears at "unfortunately".  Lily sighs in disappointment.  "Man, can't he just tell you he likes you?" Lily blurted out. 

TO BE CONTINUED..