Chapter Twenty-Four: Marks...

As the sun shun in the morning, Jacob closes the curtains and turns on the lights.

"Today shall be another adventure, honey! Here, I made you breakfast."

"Thank you, smells delicious."  Hell yeah it did.

Believe me when I say I ate those blueberry banana heart shaped waffles like there was no tomorrow.

He let out a small laugh.  "I'm glad you liked it."

"Oh yeah, no, it was TERRIBLE!" sarcasm led the room, the plate showed otherwise.

He gives me a kiss on the forehead and gives me a look of sudden worry.

"Honey..you feelin' alright? Are you hurt?"

"Yeah, I feel fine..why would I be hurt?"

I get up and rush to the bathroom mirror; I take off my robe, shocked to see my neck and any every visible edge of my body covered with red and purple marks.

"Oh. Shit."

"You okay?"

"Yeah...I just didn't know we did THIS much stuff last night- IS THAT A BITE MARK?!"

He smiled embarrassedly.  "I got passionate"
"I can see that." I chuckle, progressively laughing harder.

Jacob joins me in the laugh.  I stop laughing, contemplating on how I deal with this...obstacle.

"Damn, how am I supposed to cover this up?  We have an itinerary to follow, activities to do with the tourists!"

"I mean it's 11:45 am, the activities start at 3:00 pm."

I start thinking, I got it!

"I think we can make it, I'm gonna take a shower."

I kiss him softly, but not too much, enough for him to follow me into the shower.

He laughs mischievously, joining the hot, steamy shower I prepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:10

We get out of the shower, refreshed and...satisfied.

I get my clothes out and start changing.

"What do you think? Forest green or purple?"

He shrugs, and hums in contemplation.

"Green, it's your color."

I change into the forest green long-sleeve bodysuit I packed, but you can still see hickeys on my neck and collarbone.

I get my makeup and start covering up the best of my abilities.  Put a necklace on top and boom! You can barely notice, right?

"Woah, it doesn't even look like I ravish you last night." He admires my outfit.  Of course I wear layers and layers of jackets because HELLO! It's Sweden and I didn't come underprepared for such a trip.

1:30

"Honey, I'm done! You said it was at three right?  Let's go do some window shopping at the bookstore."

"Who said we were going window shopping? C'mon, let's get you some books."

"They're probably all in Swedish."

"They have a translated section, I checked in thor website."

I look at his jade eyes in awe. 

"I love you."

"I love you too, Jelly Belly."

"Jelly Belly? C'mon, we were seventeen, cut it out!"

"I mean you'll always be MY Jelly Belly." he bites a full smile, I hit his shoulder.

"Ow! Let's go, booknerd."

I giggle, satisfied with my actions.  I mean, how could you NOT love Jacob?  He's literally unreal!  At least, he doesn't feel real. 

2:15

I look upstairs, this bookstore is huge! (YES! They had a WHOLE floor dedicated to English-speaking readers!) and look at the romance novels in delight.

"How's my little hopeless romantic?"

I sound like a little girl talking about her favorite doll collection.

"They have the "If We" book series...ALL SIX! Can we get them, pleaseee??"

"Sure, anything for you."

I make a small hop of excitement, browsing through all the books, forgetting about everything else. 

I look up at a book that's been on my list for a while, "The Emerald Stone".  It's an academic rival to lovers trope and it has everything you could dream of!  If only I could-

"Want some help getting that?"

I grunt in defeat trying to reach that damned book.  "Yes."

"Alrighty, here you go!" the shadow of his body hovers over and gets the thick piece of paper.

I hug him tightly.  Although I can only hug him from his torso because he's a foot and an inch taller than me; it never felt so warm.

TO BE CONTINUED...