Chapter 19-Death By Dresses

Reggie looked up from the pile of all the dresses in her arms that she had picked out, "He did what?!" she asked in shock, flailing her free arm around

"I don't know what Kayden was thinking when he signed up for this," Athena said honestly, "But my father and I both suggested that he sign a prenup, considering.....you know, money."

"That's a smart decision." Reggie nodded as she walked into one of the dressing rooms to try some dresses on, "Hena, come in with me! I can't imagine marrying someone I've never met!"

"Would you and Adam sign a prenup?" Athena asked as she walked in and shut the door behind her, referring to her half-sister's fiancé.

"Well, his family owns a winery and on my side, I'm a member of Sorelle so it would probably be beneficial to sign one," Reggie replied, "I still can't believe you're dating Michael Jackson," she added, almost nostalgic.

"I know. I still pinch myself sometimes," Athena nodded in agreement, "I can't even understand his level of mastery!"

"How about you and Michael? Would you sign a prenup?" Reggie asked as she poured some champagne, "Considering both your careers; him with the Jackson 5 and his solo career, you with Sorelle and your other career endeavors."

Athena scoffed, "Ain't no way a prenup wouldn't be signed." she said firmly, "I wouldn't want his money anyway, you know I pride myself on having my own. Like you said, considering both our careers. And he would probably be the first to bring it up."

"I feel like you would bring it up first," Reggie said as she began trying on all the dresses. She couldn't help but think about how her sister's relationship with Michael Jackson seemed to be from a fairytale, but she knew that in reality, practicality was important too. "You're known for being the practical and logical one in our family, Hena. It just makes sense that you would initiate the discussion about a prenup."

"Maybe you're right," Athena said with a small laugh, "I guess I can't deny my practical nature, even when it comes to matters of the heart," she smiled, her eyes gleaming as she nearly got lost in her thoughts about Michael, "But that's a long way away."

Reggie smiled as she watched Athena. Seeing her sister so happy with someone as legendary as Michael Jackson truly warmed her heart. It was as if Athena had found her own personal fairytale. But she also knew that real life had its practicalities, and a prenuptial agreement was just one of them, "Athena, let's talk about this prenup idea further," Reggie suggested, "I mean, I get it. You both have such successful careers and substantial assets. It's only wise to protect yourselves."

Athena nodded in agreement, "We can't ignore the fact that our careers bring a certain level of financial complexity. With Michael's legacy as a member of the Jackson 5 and his excelling and unmatchable solo career, and my role in Sorelle and my other ventures. Obviously it's important to have everything properly sorted out. And I'm sure he would understand that too."