Chapter 60-Bolting From The Scene

"Do you have any of your own embarrassing stories, Athena?" Jermaine asked

"Well, there's this one babysitting story I have," Athena said as she pulled her legs up on the counter in the butterfly position, "So Kayden and I were tasked with babysitting our cousins. So they were at the house and Kayden went to exercise, leaving my twelve-year-old self alone with those toddlers!" she added, "And I'm like 'Well, I have to work' so I put them upstairs in one of the spare bedrooms and turned on Mickey Mouse! And then I left the room!"

At the mention of babysitting, Kayden groaned and buried his face in his hands. "Oh no, not that story," he muttered, knowing full well what was coming next.

Athena grinned mischievously as she launched into the tale of their ill-fated babysitting adventure, "So there I was, trying to finish my work, thinking everything was under control with the toddlers entertained by Mickey Mouse upstairs—but as it turns out there was a disaster happening right above me."

"Oh, no," Randy muttered with wide eyes, "What happened?!"

"Well, one of the twins, the boy—had an accident in his pullup. Now he had the accident, and I was supposed to be watching him, but I was downstairs drinking coffee," Athena explained, "And he's a very smart little boy. He took a whole pack of baby wipes and he tried to clean himself—but, this is a three year old cleaning so it ain't clean at all!"

The room erupted in laughter at the calamity that befell the poor toddler left to his own devices with a pack of baby wipes.

Kayden looked like he wanted to sink into the floor, "I can't believe you're telling this story," he groaned, his face turning a bright shade of red as his friends and sister continued to laugh at his expense. "I swear, nothing ever goes as planned when Athena and I are left in charge of kids!" he exclaimed, shaking his head in embarrassment.

"And there's now baby wipes with poop all over the floor! But he takes as many as he can and stuffs them back into the package and tapes it shut!" Athena exclaimed as she continued the story, "He has a sister, who was a year old at the time—she's watching this whole thing—so then he takes the dirty diaper and throws it in his crib!" she paused, "He tried to frame her!"

The group erupted in even louder laughter at the toddler's attempt to frame his innocent baby sister for the messy disaster.

Athena couldn't help but laugh along, her eyes sparkling with amusement as she continued the story, "Then he puts on a fresh pullup and he comes downstairs. I noticed it right away and I went 'Oh hell, what did he done do here?' and I wasn't about to change a boys diaper because I was a twelve year old girl—so I put another episode of Mikey Mouse on, and just shut the door!"

The group dissolved into fits of laughter at the ridiculous and chaotic babysitting escapade Athena had shared.

Kayden buried his face in his hands, unable to believe the embarrassing stories being revealed in front of his friends.