Chapter 85-Prepare For Takeoff

CHANHASSEN, MINNESOTA—November 12, 1993

Lizzo was in Paisley Park while Prince was in the studio. They were engaged, and about to be married tomorrow.

As she wandered through the dimly lit corridors of Paisley Park, Lizzo could hear the distant echoes of Prince's music drifting through the walls. She felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness about their upcoming wedding, her heart fluttering at the thought of becoming Prince's wife.

Entering the studio, Lizzo found Prince hunched over a keyboard, his fingers moving swiftly across the keys as he poured his soul into the music. She watched him in awe, marveling at his talent and passion.

"Hey, beautiful," Prince said without looking up, a smile playing on his lips as he sensed her presence.

Lizzo walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, resting her head against his back, "I can't believe we're getting married tomorrow," she whispered, feeling a surge of emotion welling up inside her.

Prince turned to face her, his eyes sparkling with love and adoration, "I can't wait to make you my wife," he said softly, "What have you been up to?"

"Not much. Wandering, like I always do," Lizzo smiled, her eyes shining with affection as she gazed at Prince. "I just wanted to soak in the magic of Paisley Park one last time before we become husband and wife," she confessed, her voice filled with a mixture of joy and wistfulness.

Prince reached out and took her hands in his, his touch sending a shiver down Lizzo's spine. "I can't wait to begin this new chapter with you, my love," he said, his voice laced with sincerity.

As they stood there enveloped in each other's embrace, the music in the studio seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the sound of their hearts beating as one. Lizzo knew that tomorrow would be the start of a beautiful journey together, filled with love, music, and endless possibilities.

With a sense of peace settling over her, Lizzo leaned in to kiss Prince, their lips meeting in a tender and passionate embrace. In that moment, surrounded by the music and the love.

A few hours later, Lizzo was pacing back and forth in their bedroom. She knew Prince had a couple of friends he wanted at the wedding, most of them said no or that they wished they could but they would have important events that day, but there were a few he didn't ask—Jerome Benton, Morris Day, Athena Tyler, and Michael Jackson.

Prince had spoken highly of Athena. He adorned her for all her talents and grace, often mentioning how she was not just Michael Jackson's wife but a force to be reckoned with in her own right—a vocal powerhouse that could rock any stage and capture any audience.

But Lizzo knew there was no reason to be jealous. Prince and her were in love, and about to be married, and Athena was married to the love of her life as well. There was no need for jealousy or misplaced competition.