Chapter 153-The Unexpected Proposal

JULY 10th, 1999

JULY 10th, 1999

Cheryl Portor was a Vocal Coach. She was famous for being one of the best at what she does and for her YouTube channel with 10.5 Million Subscribers. Cheryl was looking for something new and exciting to do. She decided she was going to do something crazy.

She reached out to her Creative Team and presented the idea of doing a vocal session with a world-renowned singer, dancer, and choreographer. It seemed like an impossible task, but this was what her subscribers wanted.

Cheryl reached out to her through Facebook, though she didn't get a response. The Creative Team wanted to make this session happen, so they did the research and found out that Athena Tyler was married to Michael Jackson, which made their quest to get her in on a vocal session with Cheryl somewhat easier. At least they now had a starting point.

"Maybe we should call Neverland," Cheryl suggested, "Obviously we would get security first, but...listen, it's worth a try."

"How do we know Miss Tyler would even be willing to participate in a session with you?" Anne, a member of the Creative Team, said.

"We don't," Cheryl shrugged, "We all know that woman doesn't need a vocal coach, but my subscribers want this session!" she added as she pulled out her phone, "I'll admit I'm nervous! She's such a big star—and married to Michael Jackson! But hopefully, she's kind enough to agree to at least one session."

The Creative Team crowded around Cheryl nervously as the phone could be heard ringing. They all fidgeted around anxiously.

"Neverland Valley Ranch," a gruff voice said, "Security office. Jerome speaking."

Cheryl took a deep breath and tried to sound confident as she spoke, "Hello, Jerome. My name is Cheryl Portor, and I'm a vocal coach. I was wondering if there's a way I could speak to Athena Tyler. It's regarding a potential vocal session collaboration for my YouTube Channel."

"Um.....is there any way you can prove your identity?" Jerome asked.

Cheryl hesitated for a moment, then glanced at her team for support, "Yes, of course. I can send over my credentials and any other information you may need to verify who I am," she replied, her voice steady despite the nerves buzzing through her like an electric current. She quickly rattled off her email address to Jerome and waited anxiously for his response.

A few heart-pounding moments later, the phone line crackled to life again, "Miss Portor, this is Jerome. I've received your email and I was able to verify your identity," he said, "Let me transfer you to the house. You probably won't get Athena right away though." the line suddenly clicked and started ringing again.

"Neverland Valley Ranch. This is Adrian," Adrian spoke as she dusted off an end table, "How may I help you?"

Cheryl felt a surge of excitement as she heard Adrian's voice on the other end of the line. She quickly composed herself before replying, "Hello Adrian, my name is Cheryl Portor. I'm a vocal coach and I was hoping to speak to Athena Tyler about a potential collaboration for my YouTube channel," She held her breath, waiting for Adrian's response.