Chapter 33-Tender Sweetness

Michael's touch was tender as he trailed his fingers down her arm, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake

Michael's touch was tender as he trailed his fingers down her arm, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake. "You can look if you want to," he said gently.

Athena's heart raced in her chest as she felt the weight of Michael's words, his gaze unwavering as he gave her permission to look. The air between them crackled with anticipation, a palpable tension that seemed to pull them closer together. Swallowing hard, Athena let out a shaky breath as she mustered the courage to finally let her eyes roam over Michael's exposed form.

Her breath caught in her throat at the sight before her—the planes and curves of his body bathed in the soft glow of the bathroom lights, every inch of him laid bare and vulnerable before her.

Once her eyes got down to his most intimate area, she only lingered for a millisecond, let out a yelp, and then spun around faster than someone could blink,

"What the—?!" Athena exclaimed, her hands flailing in the air as she tried to cover her eyes.

"Are you okay, Athena?" Michael asked, concern etched in his voice. He could hear the panic in her tone.

"No," Athena wailed, "I'm not okay! What is that?" She pointed behind her, still not daring to look.

Michael was clearly amused by her reaction, "What's what?" he replied, his voice filled with laughter, trying to suppress a grin.

"You know! The....that!" Athena exclaimed, pointing behind her with one hand over her eyes, "T....th.....that!"

"Hmm....I'm still not sure what you mean," Michael mused, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Don't make me say it!" Athena said, hastily slapping her hand over her eyes, "Your...your....your....thingy!"

Michael tried to stifle his laughter, taking her free hand and pulling it to rest on his hip—leaning his head down to kiss her neck, "Is this what you mean?" he asked as he guided her hand to his hip bone, just inches away from what caused her to become so flustered.

"Okay....I have a question," Athena said with a shaky breath, "Why....why is it so....so....?"

Michael continued to press soft kisses along Athena's neck, his breath warm against her skin as he whispered, "Why is it so what, my love?"

Athena squirmed in his embrace, her cheeks still burning bright red, "Why is it so b......oh, don't make me say it..."

Michael's lips curled into a mischievous smile against her skin, his warm breath sending tingles down her spine. "Say it, Athena," he urged softly, his hand sliding up her back in a soothing caress.

"Um....the....the 'B' word," Athena muttered.

Michael's laughter rumbled against Athena's skin, his chest vibrating with the sound. "You mean why is it so big?" he teased, nuzzling her neck playfully.