Chapter 124-The Shock of a Lifetime

FEBRUARY 11th, 1996—1:28 PM

Olivia, Finn, Austin, Christopher, Richard, Noah, and Lucas arrived at Neverland, slowly getting out of the car.

"So this is Neverland?" Olivia said with wide eyes as she looked at the grand gates and the vast landscapes.

All the brothers and Finn have their own versions of awe and amazement before they were greeted by security.

The atmosphere inside the air felt heavy with anticipation as Olivia, Finn, and the brothers were escorted to the main house by Bill and Jerome to meet Michael and Athena.

Once at the door, Olivia turned to the boys, "Probably best the five of you stay here." 

Finn and Olivia exchanged a brief glance, noting the subtle tension in the air as they followed Bill and Jerome down a grand hallway adorned with intricate paintings and elegant decor.

Michael and Athena stood up as their guests entered the room, their expressions a mix of curiosity and apprehension. Olivia's eyes darted around the room, taking in every detail with keen observation, while Finn maintained his composed demeanor, his gaze fixed on the couple before them.

"Detectives Benson and Tutuola, what a pleasure to meet you both," Michael greeted them, extending a hand in welcome.

Olivia returned Michael's handshake firmly, her eyes assessing him with a keen gaze, "Mr. Jackson, Miss Tyler, thank you for seeing us on such short notice," she said with professional courtesy, despite being a fan of both of them, as she shook Athena's hand too.

Finn nodded in agreement as he shook hands with Athena and Michael, "We appreciate it."

"Would you like to sit?" Athena asked kindly, motioning to the cushioned chairs and the couch in the living room.

Olivia and Finn exchanged a brief look before nodding their appreciation and taking a seat. The room fell into a tense silence as everyone settled, each person gauging the others, assessing the unspoken dynamics at play.

Michael broke the silence, his voice calm but laced with curiosity, "To what do we owe the pleasure of this unexpected visit from the Manhattan SVU?" he inquired, his eyes flicking between Olivia and Finn.

Olivia's expression remained neutral, betraying nothing of the gravity of their reason for being there. She clasped her hands together, a subtle display of professionalism before speaking, "We're here to discuss an ongoing case involving an individual, or individuals, who have connections to both of you," she stated cryptically, observing the reactions that flickered across Michael and Athena's faces.

Athena's brows furrowed in confusion as she exchanged a puzzled glance with Michael, "Connections? What kind of connections?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern as she tried to piece together any potential links to an ongoing case.