Chapter 112-Revenge Scare

AUGUST 2nd, 1995

AUGUST 2nd, 1995

As Athena sought out Adrian to have a candid conversation about professionalism and respect, Michael made his way to find Alan, his expression firm and resolute.

Finding Alan in the amusement park office, Michael entered without preamble, his presence commanding attention. Alan looked up from his desk, surprise flickering across his features at the unexpected visit from his employer.

"Mr. Jackson, I didn't expect to see you here," Alan began, attempting to maintain a composed demeanor despite the tension that crackled in the air between them.

"You and I need to have a serious discussion, Alan," Michael stated firmly, his voice brooking no argument. "It has come to my attention that you made inappropriate advances towards my wife. That kind of behavior is completely unacceptable in this workplace, and I will not tolerate it." Michael's tone was steely, his gaze piercing as he fixed it on Alan.

Alan shifted uncomfortably in his seat, a flicker of defiance crossing his features before he quickly schooled his expression into one of contrition, "I....I didn't mean for it to come across that way, Mr. Jackson," he stammered, his eyes darting away from Michael's intense stare.

Michael's jaw clenched at Alan's feeble attempt to justify his actions. "Regardless of your intentions, your behavior was inappropriate and unprofessional. Athena told me everything," he stated firmly, his disappointment palpable in his voice.

"I understand, Mr. Jackson," Alan replied, his tone humble as he met Michael's gaze once more. "I apologize for any discomfort I may have caused Miss Tyler. It won't happen again."

"See that it doesn't," Michael said, holding his gaze for a solid few seconds.

Meanwhile, Athena found Adrian in the laundry room.

"Adrian," Athena addressed, "A word?"

"Of course, Miss Tyler," Adrian nodded, placing the pile of linen towels down.

"It has come to my attention that you made an inappropriate advance towards my husband," Athena said firmly.

Adrian's eyes widened in surprise, a hint of guilt flickering across her features before she quickly composed herself. "I... I didn't mean for it to be taken that way, Miss Tyler," she stammered, her voice tinged with regret. "I deeply apologize if I crossed any boundaries."

Athena regarded Adrian with a mixture of compassion and firmness. "It's important to maintain professionalism in the workplace, Adrian. Personal boundaries should never be overstepped," she explained, her tone gentle yet unwavering.

"I understand, Miss Tyler. It was a lapse in judgment on my part, and I take full responsibility for my actions," Adrian responded, her expression contrite as she met Athena's unwavering gaze.

A silence settled between them, the weight of the situation hanging in the air as both women grappled with the implications of what had transpired. After a moment, Athena spoke again, "I believe in second chances, Adrian. But please don't make a habit of touching my man."