Chapter 56-Dress Haven

The next day, as agreed Athena, Janet, LaToya, and Rebbie met up with Liz Taylor at her house

Liz welcomed the women into her elegantly decorated home, a treasure trove of fashion and glamour. She led them to a sunlit room filled with racks of breathtaking dresses in every style and silhouette imaginable, "Ladies, welcome to my personal bridal salon!" she announced with a flourish, her eyes sparkling with enthusiasm. "Today is all about you, Athena dear. Let's find the gown that will make you feel like the queen you are on your special day."

As the afternoon unfolded, Athena tried on dress after dress, each one more exquisite than the last. The room buzzed with laughter and chatter as Liz, Janet, LaToya, and Rebbie shared their opinions and oohed and awed over each gown.

"You know, Hena, why don't we do something custom?" Liz asked, "Although you can pull off anything, none of these are right for you!"

Athena's heart skipped a beat at Liz's suggestion, "Custom-made? Are you serious, Liz?" she whispered, "That can get incredibly expensive! I mean, I have the money for something like that, but I'm just saying that gets unbelievably expensive!"

Liz chuckled, a mischievous glint in her eye, "My dear Athena, money is no object when it comes to creating the perfect gown for you. Besides, it would be my pleasure to assist in designing something truly unique and magnificent for your special day. Trust me, we will spare no expense in making sure you shine like the radiant queen you are. And if it's custom, then you know no one else will ever wear the same thing ever again!" Liz enveloped Athena in a warm embrace, her eyes shining with genuine affection, "You have a heart of gold, and it's an honor to be able to contribute to your happiness." Turning to the other women in the room, Liz declared, "We have work to do, ladies! Let's get started on designing the most exquisite gown for our beautiful bride-to-be."

As the afternoon turned into evening, Liz's house transformed into a whirlwind of ideas and inspiration. Glasses of champagne were raised in toast after toast, celebrating not just Athena's upcoming wedding, but the bond that had formed between these women brought together by fate and friendship.

Finally, as the clock struck midnight, the final design was settled upon—a gown that embodied elegance, grace, and a touch of magic.

Liz's eyes shone with pride as she hugged Athena tightly, "My dear, this gown will be a masterpiece, just like you are."
~

"Hey, baby?" Michael called as he walked into the room, his voice tinged with curiosity and anticipation, "Can I ask you something?"

Athena's head popped up from the book she was engrossed in, her eyes sparkling with interest, as she replied, "Anything." her voice had a hint of excitement, eager to hear what Michael had to ask.

"Well, I was just cleaning up a few days ago," Michael began, his tone sincere and apologetic, "And I found this in the notes of your songbook," He held his hands up in a gesture of innocence as if to assure Athena that he meant no harm in stumbling upon her hidden book, "I swear, I didn't mean to; it was just laying there on the floor for anyone's eyes to see."