Chapter 26-Love's Gentle Touch

"Speaking of feeling special," Michael added as they continued walking, "Why haven't I gotten one of those hand kisses?"

Athenas face twisted into a confused expression, "What do you mean?"

"Your brother gets them all the time. My brothers got one. Even my father got one. And you knew them for two seconds before you kissed their hands," Michael elaborated, "It seems like you've been bestowing hand kisses upon all the important people in my life. But not me."

"I didn't know you wanted one," Athena fondly shook her head, "I thought it might make you uncomfortable."

Michael chuckled, his gaze never leaving Athena's. "Uncomfortable? No way," he said, his voice filled with affection. "I love the way you make those little gestures. It's part of who you are. But I have yet to receive it from you!"

Athena raised an eyebrow, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Oh, so you've been eagerly anticipating a hand kiss all this time?" she teased, a playful smirk playing on her lips.

Michael chuckled, unable to hide his amusement. "Well, I wouldn't say eagerly, but I wouldn't mind experiencing it myself," he replied, his eyes sparking with anticipation.

Athena let out a soft giggle, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Alright, baby," she said, stepping closer to Michael. She gently took his hand in hers, delicately lifting it to her lips. As her lips met his skin in a gentle, lingering kiss, a surge of warmth spread through Michael. He felt a tingling sensation on his hand, as if her touch had ignited a spark deep within him.

Their eyes locked, and for a moment, they were lost in the magnetic pull between them. In that instant, it felt as if time had frozen, and all that mattered was the deep connection they shared. Michael's heart swelled with love as he gazed at Athena, his mind filled with a multitude of emotions. He wanted to express the depth of his affection, to convey just how much she meant to him.

"You have a way of making the simplest gestures feel extraordinary," he said, his eyes full of love, "Speaking of kisses, your brother and your father get kisses on the lips.....what's that about?"

Michael wanted to understand what those kisses were about. He had seen Athena kiss her brother on the lips and she's kissed his hand and it was safe to assume, even though Michael had never met him, that she did the same for her father. But he didn't understand it because his family had never done that with each other.

Athena's cheeks flushed with a gentle rosy hue as Michael brought up the topic of the kisses exchanged between her and her closest male family members. She sheepishly shrugged her shoulders, a bashful smile tugging at her lips. "Oh, that," she chuckled, her voice filled with warmth and nostalgia. "It's just a tradition in my family. Kissing on the lips. Its been normal since I was little. It's a way of showing affection and appreciation."

"I find that so interesting. My family has never done that," Michael smiled as he started to understand.

"I'm sure my brother and father wouldn't mind if you wanted to join in on this tradition," Athena laughed, "I just imagine you just casually kissing my brother."