Chapter 110-Rumors Circulate Neverland

AUGUST 1st, 1995

AUGUST 1st, 1995

There was something strange happening in Neverland Valley Ranch. Bill had gotten a mysterious note in his mailbox at the security gate. He quickly filled in Jerome and somehow, Adrian, the maid, got looped in on this mystery.

"We don't need to think like Athena," Bill suddenly realized, "We need to think like a woman. What would a woman do?" he said a little too loudly, "You pretend to be Athena and we'll go from there!"

Adrian's eyes widened at Bill's suggestion, a mix of surprise and uncertainty crossing her features. But as she considered his words, a determined glint appeared in her eyes. "Right. I'll do my best to think like her," she said resolutely, straightening her posture.

Without wasting another moment, Adrian took a deep breath and composed herself before stepping back into Athena and Michael's room. She quickly scanned the area, noting the few personal items that remained behind—a half-empty glass of water on the bedside table, and a book left open on the nightstand.

With swift movements, Adrian gathered a few essential items that she believed Athena might grab before going about her day–a jacket, and a pair of sunglasses. Tossing the jacket around her shoulder and slipping on the sunglasses, Adrian took on a calculated air of mystery, channeling what she imagined Athena's demeanor would be.

As Adrian emerged from the room disguised as Athena, Bill looked at her in confusion, "What are you doing?"

"I'm channeling my inner Athena Tyler!" Adrian huffed.

"Miss Tyler—oh, wait, you're not Athena!" John, another staff member at Neverland, said.

"John, I need you to remain calm," Bill tried, only for John to yell. "Guys! We have an emergency!" which caused Bill and Adrian to slap their hands to their faces in a facepalm as they saw the rest of Neverland staff running down the hallway toward them.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen!" Bill exclaimed, "Please, remain calm! We can't have Mr. Jackson find out about this!" he added, "Or Miss Tyler!"

The situation at Neverland Valley Ranch was escalating rapidly as rumors of Athena and Michael cheating on each other spread like wildfire among the staff. Panic and confusion gripped the normally serene surroundings, and whispers of concern filled the air.

"Okay, guys, it's okay," Adrian said, "I'm Athena. Everything is okay here."

"You expect us to believe that you're Miss Tyler?!" Alan, one of the maintenance people asked incredulously.

Adrian met Alan's gaze with unwavering determination, her voice firm as she tried to maintain the charade, "Yes, I am Athena. Now, please, everyone needs to stay calm and carry on with your duties as usual. There is no cause for alarm."

"Give up the act, Adrian," Craig from the amusement park added, "We know you're not Athena!"

Adrian's facade faltered briefly as she glanced around at the skeptical and anxious faces of her coworkers. She knew she couldn't keep up the ruse for long, not with everyone on edge and searching for the real Athena, and with everyone knowing the real Athena so well....it was impossible to impersonate her for long periods of time.