Chapter 46-Imagining The Chaos

Claire's phone started ringing and she looked down to check it, "Oh, it's my mom

Claire's phone started ringing and she looked down to check it, "Oh, it's my mom. Kayden, we have to go."

"Sure thing," Kayden nodded as he rose from his seat, "Hena, do you want us to take Buddy back with us?"

Buddy, the furry Black Lab, barked—as if in protest of leaving Athena, which caused Athena to look over at Michael in question. It was his house, after all.

Michael shared a knowing look with Athena before turning to Kayden with a warm smile. "Buddy is more than welcome to stay here with us," he said, his tone reassuring. "In fact, I think he'll enjoy exploring the grounds with us."

Once Claire and Kayden were gone, Athena threw herself onto Michael, "Yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she grinned.

"For what?" Michael laughed as she wrapped her arms around him.

"Letting Buddy stay!" Athena smiled.

Michael chuckled, wrapping his arms around Athena in a warm embrace. "Anything for you, my love," he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. The warmth of the moment enveloped them as they stood entwined in the library, grateful for the bond that held them together through thick and thin.

As they settled back into the comfort of the armchairs, Buddy let out a happy bark and bounded over to them, his tail wagging excitedly. Athena laughed, scratching behind his ears before looking up at Michael with a twinkle in her eye.

"I have a feeling this collaboration with Kayden is going to be something special," she mused, her voice filled with anticipation. "It feels like the start of a new chapter for all of us."

Michael smiled down at her, his gaze full of love and pride. "I couldn't agree more," he replied, his fingers lacing with hers, while his other hand rested on her hip and his face scrunched in confusion, "Baby, are you wearing underwear?"

"I didn't want panty lines," Athena shrugged.

"Baby!" he scolded, "You can't do that."

Athena rolled her eyes playfully at Michael's reaction, a mischievous smile dancing on her lips. "Relax, it's just us and Buddy here," she teased, leaning in to press a soft kiss against his cheek.

"Baby, I should probably tell you that it's never a good idea to tell a man you don't have any underwear on," Michael said.

Athena frowned in confusion, "Why is it a bad idea?" she asked as she leaned her head in the crook of his neck, absentmindedly kissing his skin, "It's just underwear." she added, pulling herself to straddle his lap.

Michael's eyes widened in surprise at Athena's bold move, his hands instinctively coming up to rest on her hips as he met her gaze with a mixture of desire and amusement, "Well, it has a certain effect on men," he said as he squeezed her waist.

"What kind of effect?" Athena asked.

Michael chuckled, a playful glint in his eyes as he watched Athena innocently question him. "Let's just say it can be quite distracting," he murmured, his voice low and husky as he leaned in closer to her. Athena's cheeks flushed pink as she felt his warm breath against her skin, sending shivers down her spine.