Chapter 49-Michael & Prince

"Mikey?" she whispered in disbelief

"Surprise!" Michael greeted them with a twinkle in his eye, his presence lighting up the room in a way only he could. Athena felt her breath catch in her throat as she looked at the man who had stolen her heart.

Prince's face broke into a wide grin as he welcomed Michael into his home, "We were just talking about you a few minutes ago." he said, "Congratulations on the engagement."

Athena immediately got up and ran into Michael's arms, wrapping her legs around his waist, "Mikey! You'll never believe what Kayden did!"

Michael gave her a quick squeeze before setting her back on her feet, "Oh, I can only imagine," he chuckled, his gaze shifting to Prince. "And how have you been, old friend?"

Prince flashed a bright smile at Michael, a sense of camaraderie and mutual respect passing between the two legends. "Just holding down the fort," he quipped, gesturing for Michael to take a seat beside them, "Now do you mind telling us what that brother of yours did?"

"I don't know if you want to know!" Athena exclaimed, "I was this close to killing him!"

Michael chuckled heartily at Athena's exasperation, his eyes sparkling with amusement. "Oh, Kayden always did have a knack for stirring up trouble," he mused, shaking his head in mock disapproval. "I can only imagine what he's done this time."

Taking a seat next to Prince, Michael settled comfortably into the conversation, his presence casting a warm glow over the room.

"Okay, you two," Athena said seriously, "I originally came here because I needed him," she added as she pointed at Prince, "To convince me not to kill Kayden!"

"Her dad had to convince her not to kill Kayden when he decided to get married to someone he never met before," Michael added.

"Married to someone he never met?" Prince echoed, his eyebrows shooting up in disbelief, "Is this for real?" he questioned, a mix of concern and amusement in his tone.

"Yeah, we met Claire—who is Kayden's wife—at Athena's half-sisters wedding," Michael said, "But they were already married for three months before we met her!" 

"Well, well, well," Prince mused, leaning back in his seat. "Seems like we have quite the family drama on our hands. And here I thought my family had its fair share of surprises." He exchanged a knowing look with Michael, both men understanding the complexities that often came with family ties.

Athena sighed, feeling a mix of frustration and concern for her brother. "I just don't understand why Kayden would rush into marrying someone he barely knows," she admitted, running a hand through her hair in exasperation, "I mean, I love Claire, but sheesh!"

Michael placed a comforting hand on Athena's shoulder, his eyes filled with empathy. "Sometimes people do things out of impulse or for reasons we may not fully comprehend," he said softly, his voice carrying a soothing tone. "But what's important now is to support Kayden."