Chapter 68-Lives Tied Into One

With Prince, Lionel, and Steve in tow, they all made their merry way back to the main hall, where Michael stood waiting at the altar, his eyes lighting up as he caught sight of Athena

With Prince, Lionel, and Steve in tow, they all made their merry way back to the main hall, where Michael stood waiting at the altar, his eyes lighting up as he caught sight of Athena. She walked down the aisle on her father's arm, a vision of beauty in her flowing gown.

As she reached Michael, Steven placed a gentle kiss on her cheek before placing her hand in Michael's, "Take care of my daughter," he whispered to his soon-to-be son-in-law.

Michael turned his head to Steven and whispered back with a hint of nervousness in his voice, "I will. I promise."

Steven squeezed Michael's shoulder reassuringly before taking his seat next to Nicole, Athena's mother. The ceremony proceeded beautifully, filled with heartfelt vows and loving gazes exchanged between the bride and groom.

"I hear you've written your own vows," the wedding officiant said, "Who's first?"

Michael stood there, taking a deep breath before meeting Athena's gaze. His voice quivered slightly as he began, "Athena, my love. From the moment I met you, I knew there was something special about you. Your grace, your strength, your unwavering kindness—they captured my heart in a way I never thought possible. You inspire me every day to be a better man, to reach for the stars, and to never give up on our dreams. Today, in front of our family and friends, I vow to always support you, to cherish you, and to love you with all that I am. I promise to be your rock in times of trouble and your biggest cheerleader in times of joy. With you by my side, I know that we can conquer anything that comes our way. I love you more than words can express, and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life showing you just how much you mean to me. I vow to honor and respect you, to love and cherish you, to hold you close and never let go. You are my light, my love, and my life. I am forever grateful for the day our paths crossed and our hearts intertwined. I look forward to every moment we will share, every dream we will chase, and every obstacle we will overcome together. My heart is yours, now and for all eternity."

"Oh, wow," Athena said as she blinked back tears, "I don't think I can top that." she joked, causing laughter and giggling to erupt from the crowd, "Okay, Michael Jackson, from the moment I met you in that children's hospital where we were both doing charity work, I knew there was something special about you. It was in your eyes and your smile that I saw a depth of compassion and genuine love that I had never seen before. I was drawn to you like a moth to a flame, or a butterfly to a flower. It wasn't because of who you are publicly, it was because of the way you treat people. You never get angry, you're always kind to everyone, and you make every person you meet feel like they matter. You make me feel like I matter. And for that, I am eternally grateful. So today, in front of our wonderful friends and families, I vow to forever be loyal to you. I promise to dedicate every moment we share to making you happy. I vow to love you, unconditionally, because that is the way I love you." she said as she looked into his eyes and held onto his hands, "When in doubt, I ask myself WWMD? What Would Michael Do?" she added, causing more laughter to ripple through the room.