Chapter 136-Security Footage

NOVEMBER 11th, 1996

NOVEMBER 11th, 1996

After thanking Liz for the information, Michael hung up the phone and turned to Bill and Prince, his expression troubled, "Athena went to a shooting range with Liz," he revealed, a tone of disbelief in his voice as Lizzo walked in.

"She did what?" Lizzo asked.

Prince raised his brows in surprise, echoing Michael's astonishment, "Athena went to a shooting range? That doesn't sound like her at all," he remarked, his voice laced with concern.

Bill's eyes widened in surprise, "Sir, she had a gun at her mansion before you got married. She knows how to use one safely."

Michael nodded, but he had always been against having guns around, "I know, but we agreed on no firearms in the house," he said in confusion.

"What's going on?" Marlon asked as he walked into the room with the rest of the family, "Did you find anything?"

"Well, according to Liz Taylor, Athena and her went to a shooting range," Bill replied, "Michael is pretty adamant about a 'no firearms' policy in this house."

"Okay," Joseph spoke up, "You said you have cameras, right? Let's check them and see what she was doing on the day she disappeared."

As Joseph's suggestion hung in the air, Michael felt a surge of hope that perhaps the security cameras would provide some clue to Athena's whereabouts. He quickly navigated through the security system, pulling up footage from the day of her disappearance. The screen flickered to life, showing different angles of the mansion and its surroundings.

As they watched intently, the family all gathered around Michael and the computer—their eyes glued to the screen, searching for any sign of Athena. The hours seemed to stretch on as they meticulously combed through the footage, each minute feeling like an eternity. The mansion appeared serene and undisturbed, belying the worry that gnawed at Michael's gut.

"Wait, Mike," Jackie added, "Pull up the security for your office. The incident happened in there, that's probably where we'll see what happened."

Michael quickly pulled up the security footage from his office, his hands slightly trembling with anticipation. As the video started playing, they saw Athena entering the room, a faint smile on her face as she glanced around the familiar space. She seemed at ease, flipping through some papers on his desk before sitting down in his chair.

"Does this have audio?" Katherine asked.

Michael quickly adjusted the settings, enabling the audio on the security footage. The room was filled with tense silence as they listened intently, hoping for any clue that could shed light on Athena's sudden disappearance. The speakers crackled to life, and they heard Athena's voice, soft but clear as she started humming to herself.

"Don't be a baby, Athena. He's not gone forever," they heard Athena say to herself.

"I think she's talking about you, Mike," LaToya spoke up.