Forgotten Regret

Kiara pov: I sat on the couch, relaxing, thinking about what has happened in the past. My mind is so cloudy, it's like I forgot something, but I can't think of it. All I remember is that Calli killed me and said she hates me and no one loves me.

"Kiara, are you okay?" Nerissa asked

I looked over at her and tilted my head slightly. "Yeah," I said to her at that moment, but something was off. Nerissa shouldn't be here.

Mumei tapped me on the shoulder and sighed, staring deep into my eyes. "Kiara..." She paused and then tried to think of something oddly enough; Mumei's tone was soft and gentle.

"What?" I question

Nerissa nudged her, "Yeah, what!?" She said

"Reine should be returning soon!" She nervously spoke with a whistle, her eyes not connecting with mine. She was hiding something. A minute later, Reine walked in. "Sooooo, how was your date!?"

"Date?" Reine mumbled

"Oh sh*t, sorry, how was your vague outing!?" Mumei asks

"No clue I feel like there was something I had to do, but at the same time, I have no idea what I had to do," Reine claimed.

"Like go to the underworld?" Mumei said

I glared at her. "Why would we go there?"

Mumei looked back at me, her mouth agape. She was trying to come up with an answer to my question since she didn't seem to have one.

"Mumei-senpai, you didn't think this through at all, did you?" Nerissa sighs

"Mumei-chan, I'm back for a few minutes!" Lui-nee said loudly as she stepped in and looked around.

"Wait, where are you going!?" Mumei asks

"To the Holox base..." Lui said.

"Wait, do you remember!?" Mumei asks

"Yes!" Lui said.

"Hold on, we need to talk about this!"

Mumei was about to walk off, but I pulled her down. "Does she remember?" I asked.

"I-uhhh, do you want to see Calli?" Mumei asks me I glare at her, my eyes stabbing into her.

"I hate her..." I growl

I hate her.

That isn't right. Do I hate her?

Is that a true statement? Do I hate Calli?

"Yeah, you hate her!" Nerissa loudly spoke.

"Who hates who?" Subaru-senpai asked

"Kiara hates Calli," Reine said confidently.

"No, she does." Mumei covered Lui's mouth with her hand so she couldn't speak. What is going on with this? Why are they doing this? What are they hiding?

"Mumei, you are acting a little odd. Are you okay, or should I be worried about you?"

"Kiara, there is a friend that I have to look for. I don't know where she is, but I need to find her, so I'm a little on edge, you know."

"I get it! But still, you-graaagh!" I yell

I clutched my head in agony as my head began to split with pain. I don't know what is going on or why I'm in so much pain right now.

"Mumei, maybe we should go to the underworld," I told her.

"You want to see Calli!" Mumei chimes

"No..." I spat

"Are you sure?" Mumei asks

"Why are you so adamant about having me see Calli!?" I ask

Mumei began to whistle and I knew something was off this sealed the deal more so

"What is it?" I ask

"What do you mean?" She asks

"You are aware of something you know Calli said hurtful things to me yet you are adamant that I love her..." I said

"Kiara-senpai don't dig into this!" Nerissa said to me and I tilted my head glaring at her

"Don't dig into this?" I questioned

"I'm back, everyone." Subaru quacked as she tossed us the confectionaries she bought. I feel like this has happened before but I don't get why

"Thank you, Subaru-senpai!" We all said it in unison as we started to eat the treats.

"Kiara, I've been thinking: do you think you may have hurt Calli when you stopped going to the underworld?" Reine asked. I didn't know why I should care.

"Haven't you asked me that?" I asked

"No..." Reine said

"Well you know Calli hurt me. She knew I was alone and vulnerable, and she preyed on me. I fell victim to her scythe too much!" I said as I felt around my stomach. Calli somehow left a permanent scar on my body.

Wait the scar? Why do I remember it not being there? It has been here and hasn't gone away so what the hell?

"I'm sure Calli is really sorry though!" Mumei sighed. I couldn't tell if she was mocking me or not.

"She made me feel needed when she said she wanted to kill me." I said, for some reason, I was on the verge of tears.

Mumei quickly changed the subject seeing how sad I now was "Reine I have a meeting later wanna come?" She asked

"Why would I want to do that?" She asked, Mumei just laughed.

"We have a bunch of human sacrifices lined up. I'll allow you to pick one woman to spare and you can date her." Mumei laughed. We all looked in shock.

"Human sacrifices!" Subaru yelled. Mumei looked at her, wondering why that was weird.

"It's only a measly two hundred humans. I wanted to sacrifice two thousand," Mumei giggled.

"Okay have fun..." I said

"Kiara... Nerissa... come with me as well" Mumei said as she looked at the two of us

Why the hell did she want us both to go this is fishy I know Mumei likes to plot but I'm at a loss this time I don't understand what is going on inside her head this time and hope to find out

"Mumei is this a trap?" I ask

"No..." She said immediately after

For some reason I know it isn't a trap but I can't put my finger on it I'm feeling deja vu right now but don't know why...

"Mumei... are we-" I pause and shook my head there is no way we are reliving life...