How She Changed

Calli pov: "Kiara is going to betray you Calli-senpai!" Magni said

I glared at him and backhanded him "Dez shut the fuck up!" I hissed

"Woah no need to be mad at my honesty!" He said

"Kiara will never betray me ever..." I said

"How for you know!?" He asked

The underworld is a boring place. Nothing exciting really happens here besides the souls of the damned coming here to rest eternally as the Grim Reaper's first apprentice. I was tasked with collecting the souls of people who were close to death, but I ran into the wrong person one day.

I was standing face to face with Takanashi Kiara, a Phoenix. She had fallen in love with me when she first saw me. I despised her because she physically couldn't die. She always came back

"Calli, I have returned; let's hug!" She excitedly said as she walked towards me, Those words gave me serious deja vu.
Her voice, her personality, her eyes, everything about her angered me. I glared as the same scene played for the thousandth time. I was desperate to end the cycle today.

"I love you, Calli!" She called out, running towards me with her arms out. I used the opportunity to strike and plunged my scythe into her.

"I hate you, Kiara." I scowled, pushing my scythe deeper into her. I heard the sound of blood pouring out of her. It crackled like fire when it hit the ground.

"I will always hate you until the end of time," I said, jiggling my scythe around to make her suffer more. I heard her coughing in between. She was able to say a sentence.

"I will always love you Calli," she whispered, clinging onto whatever of her worthless life remained.

"No one loves you, Kiara, and no one ever will. That's why you have been all alone all your life. " I spat angrily, pissed off by the woman's tenacity.

I saw a tear roll down her face as life began to fade from her eyes. They turned from purple to gray as all the color was drained. Her body began to disintegrate as her life flame finally extinguished.

"Goodbye forever, Calli..." She somberly said, as she turned into ashes, she was finally gone.

"Calli, I haven't seen you outside in months." Ollie said, knocking on my door. She opened the door and immediately gagged, "It reeks of alcohol. Are you drunk?" She asked.

"I'k nog cfujk" I said she clearly looked confused at what I had said. She walked up to comfort me. Tears started to stream down my face.

"It's been four months. Where the hell is she?" I cried. Ollie tilted her head in confusion.

"Calli-senpai, you got what you wanted; that Kiara girl finally left you alone," Ollie said, making me feel worse.

Ollie didn't seem to understand my frustration. I bit my lip, making it bleed. The taste of blood wasn't satisfying. My eyes glanced towards my scythe. I still hadn't cleaned it. Kiara's blood still remained and dried on the blade. The blood was my only reminder of her. I didn't want to get rid of it.

"She was annoying anyway, so I'm glad she's gone." Ollie laughed. Her words vexed me.

"Get out!" I practically screamed. My voice sounded hoarse. Ollie tried to rebute, but I didn't want to hear "Get the hell out!" I screamed, reaching for my scythe.

Ollie ran out of the room, leaving me all alone. I sat pondering what I could do. Maybe I could go to council. They probably could locate Kiara. However, I didn't know how to contact anyone from council. Those five were as elusive and mysterious as ever.

"Can I come in?" someone said as they slightly opened the door to my room and peeked in. I wanted to be alone, but I let them in on a whim.

"GUH, hey Irys," I said as the girl walked in. She immediately swipped the bottle from my hand.

"I need that!" I whined Irys shook her head and walked around the room, confiscating all of my alchohalic beverages.

"I thought you could use some hope, but you are going to need more than me." She sighed as she looked around at my now messy room.

"You can't help me, I wa-" I was going to finish my sentence but I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. I put my hand to my mouth as I felt liquid rushing up my body involuntarily. It filled my mouth, causing my lips to part. The liquid spilt out and splashed below, covering the floor with its substance.

"Calli, you need help," Irys said with solicitude as she patted my back, trying to soothe my sickness.

I couldn't stop the tears from flowing from my eyes as the Nephalem comforted me. "Get yourself cleaned up. I'll pull some strings and get you a meeting with the council." she said as she stood me up and walked me towards the shower.

Irys left the room so I could get undressed and entered as soon as she heard running water. "I'll put your clothes in the wash," she said as she left a fresh pair out for me and left the bathroom soon after.

The hot water hit my body and washed all the puke away. However, it wasn't able to wash away the tears. "Why haven't you come back Kiara?" I broke down. The more I sobered up, the more despair I felt.

Was I too harsh last time? I thought to myself as I tried to remember what I had said to her. I remembered telling her that no one loves her and no one ever will.

"I'm such a fucking idiot!" I screamed as I clutched my arm. I felt my nails dig into my skin as I tightened my grip, creating four scratch marks on my arm that soon regenerated.

Irys came running in after she heard my screaming, "Calli-senpai, you need to calm down. I've got the meeting scheduled. We'll find Kiara," she said, reassuring me that things are looking up for me.

I got out of the shower and got dressed. I made sure to brush my teeth again before leaving the bathroom. "I'm ready," I said. Irys nodded. "The meeting is in a few hours, so we'll leave in about an hour, okay?" Irys asked.

I complied, happy I'd get a chance to see Kiara again.

"Because I already lost her once..." i say

He seemed confused but he doesn't need to understand he isn't meaningful to me at all

Kiara is diffrent than he thinks she definitely isn't weak minded woman.

Magni may think he can get into my head and her head but he is an idiot no one here will listen to what he has to say