The Nest

Mumei pov: "Woah, is that a bird's nest?" Subaru Senpai asked as she looked up at our destination.

"Yes, my friend is a bird," I told her.

"Wait, she's a bird?" Kiara questioned

"Yes, well, a tomato in a bird suit," I claim.

"Huh?" Nerissa questioned

"Let's fly up." I say

Reine grabbed onto Kiara, and all of us began to go up into the air.

"I can sense you, Mumei!" Doki yelled

She flew down, going for a drop kick, which I caught with relative ease, and then I threw her into the air.

"Should we be worried!?" Nerissa asked

"Nope Nessie!" I yell

Kiara wanted to help but was caught up by Reine. "Just toss me!" She told the Phenoix

"You'll plummet!" Kiara yelled

"Don't help!" I told her.

Reine bit her lip. "Wait Mumei!!" She said

"You need to understand this is my friend, my battle, my life!" I screamed

"Nicely said!" Doki laughed

She flew at me as fast as she possibly could, but Nerissa got in the way, blocking her kick with her tuning fork.

"What!?" I shout

"I won't let you... I won't let you..." Nerissa said frantically I glared at her.

"You won't let me?" I asked, wanting her to finish her sentence so I knew what she was saying.

"I won't let you fight alone!" Nerissa yelled

"Mumei, your family is too protective." Doki laughed

"I know..." I sigh.

We all made it to the nest and sat down. "Doki, I'm here to bring you to the council room," I told her.

"Got it," Doki mumbled.

"Wait, it's that easy!?" Kiara asked

"Yeah," I said.

"Last time you fought!" Kiara said

"True." I sigh.

I thought about that faithful meeting.

"I began to sense the familiar presence of someone I recognized, but why the hell would she be here?" I asked in my head.

"Whose energy is that?" Kiara asked

Zeta with me, we need to check this out... I sighed

"I'm sick of you leaving me out!" Kiara pouted

"Okay....." I sighed "I guess you and Fauna can come as well," I said.

"I'm here too, Mumei-senpai," Kaela said.

"Yes, and you're following too," I commented.

Zeta walked over and picked her up, bridal style. "Let's go," she said calmly.

We began walking, and as I looked around, I saw a rift in the dark abyss of the area, and I had an idea: reaching inside the rift and yanking things out.

There's ranged from paper to pencils from seemingly other dimensions.

"What are you doing?" A woman asked

"Oh, its you. Why are you here?" I asked

"To fight you, of course, Mumei," the girl laughed.

"Fine, let's go...." I said

We flew into the air and clashed immediately. Her dragon arm was stronger than ever, and I was getting excited.

I yanked out my dagger and slashed at her, but she easily blocked it with her dragon arm.

"Oh?" I laughed at her.

"You are stronger than ever," the woman laughed.

"Good to see you are doing well!" She said as she slashed at me.

I ducked under her hand and grabbed it, throwing her to the ground, before flying down at her and kicking her.

"Bleck!" She coughed, but she didn't flinch and grabbed my leg, throwing me into the air.

"Is that the only reason you are here?" I asked

"Of course not!" She yelled as she flew up into the air.

"So why are you here?" I asked

"To help you fight your inner being," she told me.

"Oh, I never expected help from an old friend," I laughed.

"Of course I'll help you, but first I want to fight," she stated.

"Mumei-senpai, you know her!" Zeta yelled

"Of course, don't interfere!" I yelled back.

"She seems extremely strong!" Kiara yelled

"She is a sky dragon after all!" I said

"You are a strong barn owl!" The woman laughed.

"Let's kick this up a notch!" I told her

We flew around the abyss and classed continuously. If this were the normal plain, we would be destroying everything around, but since we were in the abyss, we could fight as much as we wanted without worry.

She sent a gust of wind my way, but I powered through, head-butting her stomach. It was dark, but I could see her clearly. I wasn't going to let her win this fight.

We always challenged ourselves. We were about five hundred to four hundred and ninety-nine; I was in the lead. However, the fact that I wasn't further in the lead goes to show her strength. I couldn't believe this.

"Mumei, are you holding back!?" She asked me

"Of course not, are you?" I asked

"Not a chance," she told me.

"Good!" I laughed as I began to get excited.

"What really is the plan?" Doki asked

"We need to keep a close eye on Shiori." Nerissa said

"Who is Shiori?" Subaru-senpai asked

"Oh, you haven't met her," Lui-nee said.

"No," Subaru-senpai said.

"Whatever..." Lui sighed.

"Lui-nee, why was that filled with contempt!?" Subaru-senpai asked

"Well, I don't know," she said.

I laughed at how Lui-Nee was acting like me. "You are so cute!" I comment

I began to sense something odd. Shiori was doing something, but I shouldn't have a relationship with her, so why am I feeling this way?

"Mumei?" Nerissa questioned

"I think Shiori is—something is off," I say.

Nerissa nodded. "She is acting weird."

I took a deep breath and puffed up my cheeks. What is Gura doing? Can I view her battle? I'll try to view her battle right now.

"Mumei-senpai, are you okay?" Nerissa asks

"Let her focus..." Kiara and Reine said

I focused in and tried to see what Gura was doing, but I was seeing something odd. Shiori was tapping into my head right now. "Ugh, my brain," I groan.

I bit down on my tongue to focus more and more, and I finally grasped it, but first, what is Shiori doing?