No Time To Waste

Kronii pov:"We are here," Mumei said.

"A temple?" I questioned

"Yeah," she replied.

Oddly enough, the temple looked new. I thought it would be run down, but something felt off, like I didn't have any grasp on this entire area for some reason.

"Where is this place?" Fauna asked

"I found it during my travels. I didn't want to return here since it doesn't really give me good memories, but since we're here, we may as well look around." Mumei sighed

"Mumei, why don't my powers work?" I ask

"We are at-well, the birthplace of time." She told me, and that threw me off. I wasn't born here.

"Birthplace of the concept, right?" Bae asks

"Yup," Mumei replied.

"So explain why I can't use my powers!"

"Kronini, it is common sense that the temple blocks your powers since the whole area is enveloped in time!" Sana said

"That doesn't even make sense!" I yelled

"It does Kronini..." Sana replied

"That's it!!!" I shout

I summoned tick and tock and spun them around at a high pace. Sana glared at me. "You really want to fight?" She asked

"Even without powers, I can kick your ass!"

Sana laughed at me. "No, you can't!"

I growled and rushed at Sana, who was floating in place. I slashed, and she dodged.

This continued, and each slash was dodged with minimal effort by Sana.

Sana slammed her right foot into my face and sent me careening back towards Irys. I stabbed Tick and Tock into the ground to stop myself.

Running at Sana again I went for a double slash, but she limbo'd under the attack easily, evading it, and then she kicked me once again.

"Enough fooling around!" Irys yelled

"Kronii..." Mumei sighed

She ended up touching a wall, and all of a sudden she and Shiki screamed in agony, but I felt all my power return to me in my peripheral vision. I notice Zeta reacting in pain as well.

"Sana..." I coldly muttered

My suddenly erupted, pausing everything besides the people in a small bubble, meaning I was still kicked out of my Sana and sent flying. I soon unpaused everything.

"What-what was that?" Bae asked

"It was time..." Irys mumbled

Zeta rushed over to Mumei and asked, "Are you okay!?" She asked her, and Senpai, the owl girl, stood up and nodded.

"They're through here..." Mumei sighed

She used wind to push open the glyphs, and as she did that, Fauna and I began to feel the same reaction as the others.

"Why are you in pain!?" Sana asked

"I-I don't know!" I screamed

As soon as the pain stopped, we looked into the room and saw Axel and Vesper looking at runes.

"Stupid mutt..." Zeta growled

She launched forward and punched Axel, whose head slammed against the wall, and he bounced off it, flying towards us, and Sana used gravity to pull Vesper towards us fast.

"Wha-What the fuck!?" Vesper yelled

"Who wants to one-shot him?" Irys asked

"Me..." I said

I paused him and then began to rapidly slash him. As soon as he unpaused, blood sprayed everywhere.

Meanwhile, Zeta was punching Axel like her life depended on it. She was punching more than she could even breathe.

"Zeta!" Mumei yelled

"Got it!" Zeta shouted

She disappeared suddenly, and Mumei appeared. It was as if they swapped places. With only a swipe of her dagger, there was an explosion of wind that sliced Axel up and sent him flying. He slammed into the ground and actually began to be burrowed into it.

"Eh!? You killed him!" Shiki yelled

Not even a moment later, there was an explosion, and Axel began to crawl out of the rubble. He slowly began to walk in our direction, his power signature off the charts.

"You are on secret grounds..." Mumei scoffs

"Secret grounds? Fuck that!" Axel yelled

"Fuck you..." Zeta yelled

Mumei began to power up as if she had tapped into her hidden power once again, and everything began to tremor.

A giant energy Mumei began to form; it looked like a Susanoo, and it immediately used its energy dagger to slash. The area around it was completely obliterated, but it rebuilt itself as if it were rewinding.

"This place carries bad memories, but I won't let you taint this place with your filth!" Mumei screamed

She went for a downward slash again, obliterating the entire temple, but she shielded us with energy, showing that even in a blind rage, she would protect us.

"I'll-I'll fucking kill you!" Axel yelled

"Go ahead, give her some ideas!" Zeta shouts

Mumei powered down all of a sudden and looked behind herself.

"Kiara?" Mumei questioned

We all looked at her, confused. "She's not here." Bae told her in that moment.

"She is..." Mumei mumbled

"I trust her," Zeta said.

"Yeah, do I since she has seen vestiges before, so for some reason she is seeing Kiara?" Fauna said.

Mumei nodded, and she went over to Axel. "Go to sleep," she said, suddenly flashing her demon face.

He was paralyzed, and she swapped with Zeta. The gray-haired girl punched him, and his body spat out. He fell to the ground a moment later.

"Let's go back..." Mumei said coldly.

Axel somehow launched forward and punched Mumei in the face with enough power to take out most of us in the past, but Mumei tanked and hit her head, spinning around a bit.

"Go! To! Sleep!!!!" Mumei screamed

She swiped upward, hitting Axel with everything she had and sending him crashing out of the temple.

"I was trying to see what Kiara wants." Mumei said as she cracked her neck.

"I wonder why Kiara's vestige would appear..." Irys whistled

"Stop acting like you don't know..." Mumei said to Irys as she walked over to her.

"How do you know? I know!?" Irys asked

"I can read minds, and you haven't stopped thinking about Shiori." Mumei said

"You what!?" Bae yelled

"Wait, Bae, I can explain!" Irys cried

This is beginning to get interesting. Why did she see Kiara's vestige?