Role Of Civilization

Mumei pov: "Are you sure it's fine to leave Lui like that?" Kronii asked me as we approached my father's place.

"Yes, she is my little sister. I can fully trust her to manage for herself, and besides, I can't continuously worry about her all the time," I said.

"Mumei, you seem worried," Fauna claims.

I sigh. "I am worried, not about her."

"What are you worried about?" Fauna asks

"I'm—" My father cut me off as he greeted us at the door. He welcomed us in, and I sat down in between Fauna and Kronii.

"I have already brewed coffee," he told me.

"Thanks papa..." I sigh before taking a sip.

Fauna grabbed my hand tightly and leaned on me gently. "Why are you worried?"

I looked at the keeper of nature and sighed again. "I want to know civilization's role." I claim my papa nods and sits across from us.

"I knew you'd be curious about your place in the world eventually since civilization wasn't directly made by the gods," he said.

"Why am I the most important?" I ask

My father laughed, "Think about it, Mumei. All the concepts technically revolve around you. Think about it: space is like an outer shell, while nature and time wrap around you and are closest to you, as well as chaos being a product of you." he said.

"Papa, what does Omegaα—No, what do you know about back then in the void?" I ask

My papa tilts his head. "They told me it all," he claims. I realized that he must know all the secrets about everything that is going on with me. He must know who and what I am.

"Papa, tell me the secrets!" I said

He looked at me. his glare telling me everything. "You already know..." he said.

I bit my lip. "Can I avoid it!?" I loudly ask

His gaze never left mine. "You can't," he said.

I know I can't, but in a way, I always hope...

"What do you want to avoid?" Kronii asks

"Omega's true manifestation..." I said

"Wha—" Fauna said in shock.

"Their true manifestation is going to happen since they don't have their full body anymore; it was only set to happen when they were out of options and they weren't all there." I claim

"Hold it. They planned this?" Kronii asked

"Correct," I replied.

"Huh!?" Kronii shouts

"Mumei, let's move on," Fauna said.

"Papa, I have something serious," I said.

"What?" He questioned

"Do you like my outfit?" I ask

He laughed, "You are cute!" He comments

"Woah, he has no issue with you being emo," Kronii said in shock.

"Of course not; he is my papa!" I said

"Haha! Your wives are funny!" He laughed

"I know these two are lovely ladies!" I said

"By the way, Mumei, someone was here for you." My papa said

"Wha—" I said, confused by this.

He snapped his finger and then pointed at the door. I looked over and saw what he was pointing at.

"I finally found you!" Shiki Miyoshino yells

I glared at the woman who was behind me. "Oh, you," I mumbled.

"You disappeared suddenly. Where did you go!?" Shiki asked

"No where in particular..." I reply

"I want to fight you!" Shiki shouts

"Oh? I guess this is what I'm doing now."

Shiki and I stood across from one another in the street, and my father stood in the middle.

"I want a clean fight, no funny business, and no damaging the neighborhood, so hold back as much as possible!" He said

"Anything else?" I ask

"Nope," he said.

"Then begin!!!" Shiki and I shout in unison.

I flew at Shiki quickly, being hit by a hard palm strike to the face. I let myself be spun a bit by the strike and kicked Shiki in the side of the head. The inugami stopped herself before she crashed into a house and did damage.

Shiki rushed at me and went for a jump kick. I grabbed her foot, spun her around, and threw her into the air.

I flew up into the air after her with my dagger in hand and went for a barrage of slices. My attacks met with her own energy slashes.

"Tch..." I growl

"You're good!" She laughed

We were both free falling, and she tried to slam both her feet into me, but I flew up dodging, so she used her energy as a platform and pushed herself back into the air.

She went for an uppercut barely missing, and so I hit her with a punch amplified with air pressure since she was open "blegh!" She coughs since her stomach was hit with a devastating punch.

She fell back and slammed into the ground, getting up moments later.

"You're as strong as ever." She said

"Of course," I reply.

Shiki rushed at me, so I flashed my demon face, which stunned her with some paralysis ailment, and in that millisecond, I launched past her, cutting her with ease but only a shallow cut across the body.

"Checkmate..." I comment

"No. No. Not yet!" She yelled

"I guess I can test it out on you." I claim

"Test out?" Shiki questioned

I closed my eyes, and powered-up energy began to form around me until there was a giant energy Mumei formed around me. I had to focus on keeping its shape, but still, "This is a new move I made!" I told her.

"Reminds me of Naruto..." Fauna said

"Well, it is inspiration!" I shout

Shiki smirked, lunging at me at full speed. "Mumei!!!!" She shouts before trying to slash through the body of the energy Mumei but couldn't. "What the—" She shouts

"I'm not some pushover; I'm Nanashi Mumei of Council, and I promise I won't lose to some woman of the past!" I yell

"Then end this!!!" Shiki yelled

"With pleasure," I said.

I slammed the energy arm down and contained the explosion made with it, leaving Shiki on the ground all bloodied.

It was an easy battle, but still, what would happen if we didn't all hold back?