002 The Culprit

𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖: 𝕄𝕒𝕡 𝔹𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙

As I approach the stairwell, naturally I search for my name. With it I see three names, two of which weren't really known to the public. Lucas Ashe, he and I were never a couple but he was a moment until he moved away. Also around my name was Chook and Anthony Vaughn.

"So you did sleep with him" Anthony questions me. I look by his name to see if maybe he was hiding something. Sadly, he was. "Oh but you got a wristy from Darren! So you can't be mad at me". "Nice bro. You into dudes now?" Spider chimes in. "Piss off Spencer" I tell him. I make room out of the crowd to leave the stairwell, yet Anthony follows.

Just as I did earlier, I tried to ignore him. I'm finding out it's really hard to. "Ella, stop". "No, because for the last week I was beating myself up for sleeping with Chook. Mind you I wouldn't have been in that position if you hadn't left me alone. Then, come to find out you're getting wristies from Darren? Amazing. Just fucking amazing." "Ella we weren't together though." he defends. "We've never 'been together' Ant. Which is why it's not fair for you to be mad at me. And by same logic, I guess I can't be mad at you." I have a couple of tears ready to fall down my face. My phone in my hand has been going off. I start to walk off. "Ella, it was last term. Like the summer before. That was way before you and I ever started..." he takes a second to think, "whatever this is". So maybe I can't be mad. Maybe I'm the one that fucked up. How is that fair? "Yet you, you get mad at me one night and it was so easy for you to sleep with another guy. Chook of all of them". "Anthony, Chook has always fancied me. He was easy for the night. I told you I've beaten myself up about it all week. I literally cut you off because I couldn't face you. I left my house because I didn't want to tell Dustin. I felt bad." Crying in school. Great- because that's what every sixteen year old girl dreams of doing. "It's just- you knew how I felt about him. Even in argument I would never go sleep with... Amanda Stevens" he says flailing his arm, "I just-" he stops talking. I wasn't really looking at him. I had tears falling and I was busy trying to stop it. That's when he took his right hand and cusped my cheek. He wiped my eye with his thumb and stared at me. I grabbed his arm with my left one and just stared back at him. "What is this Anthony? 'We're just friends' until one of us messes with someone else." "I know, it's not right. I just-" That's when Sasha comes around the corner telling us there's a class meeting in the gym.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ... •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"I am a woke woman" Woodsy starts. "I enjoy sex as much as the next person". I throw my face in my hands not wanting to hear this lecture. "But reputation is everything and this map has jeopardized your reputations and the reputation of our school". Ignoring her I look around the gym. Realizing I hadn't seen Camila. I check my phone.

🥰Mila Boo🥰

I saw the map u good?

Yeah, we had a fight I'll talk to u about it in class

"We are currently in the process of contacting all the parents of everyone on this map, and have strongly suggested that there are to be no more parties, shindigs, or gathos". Naturally followed by a bunch groans and people debating from their seats. "Hey! Hey!" Woodsy ends their shouting, "Unsupervised parties equals alcohol. Alcohol equals poor choices. The risk taking behaviors outlined on this map are unacceptable. Hartley High prides itself on being a safe environment" Darren laughs from behind me and I roll my eyes. I don't necessarily have an issue with them directly, it's just the whole Anthony situation has me a little upset. "But clearly this is a wake-up call that we are not doing enough. Oh, and we will find out who did this. Get to class."

As I get up I see both Anthony and Camila. I go towards Camila but Anthony reaches me before her. I mouth "Sorry" to her and follow Anthony. "What now?" He rolls his eyes. "I don't know, we got interrupted earlier and I just wanted to see where your head was at". I truthfully don't know how to answer him. We have this sort of unspoken thing going on. We honestly had an amazing holiday together. It's just the last week that's been iffy. "Honestly Ant, we had pretty nice holiday and we just need to move forward" I say to him. "That sounds great Ella". He put his arm around my neck and pulled my head in to kiss it.

We walked to the gym where I met up with Darren outside and separated from Anthony. "Before you say anything-" "Darren, there's no need. Anthony and I are not together. He told me whatever happened, happened last term. So we aren't going to sit here and discuss it anymore". "So... you're not mad at me?" he asks. "Why would the ever so preppy Daniella Reid be mad at anyone?" an all too familiar voice asks. "Lovey!" "Dove!" she responds. "This day has been too hectic, and I LIVE for drama" Camila notes. "Yeah, but I think Anthony and I are okay". "That's good, right?" Qunni asks. "Yes babe. The guy that she likes, and likes her are having four sentence long conversations. I say the best way to get over the stump in the road you're at, is to get under him". Camila gasps and I hit their arm laughing.

"I said get off me. I'm fucking done with you!" we hear someone yell from inside the gym. We instantly go in to see what the commotion was about. As I enter the gym I see Harper punch Amerie and they start fighting. I look up and see Anthony already recording the fight. Amerie pins Harper against the wall asking what she did. That's when Harper screams and headbutts Amerie.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ... •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Why did they start fighting?" "I don't know, Ams was trying to talk to Harper and then the two starting fighting" Ant tells me. "Forget why they started fighting, did you hear who wrote the map?" Spider asks as he approaches Anthony and I. I just started at him blankly until he went ahead with the answer. "One of your best mates." he says with a smile. "Camila?" Anthony asks. "No dumb ass, Amerie".