029 Just Kid Shit

𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝕊𝕚𝕩: 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕂𝕚𝕕 𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕥

"Oi, I have a question". "What is it babe?" Camila takes a breath, "Well, you know how Darren, Cash, and Harper are moving in together right now?" I nod my head, "What if after term or maybe next year, maybe we could find a place together?" "Camila, we don't have jobs. I mean, my dad would probably help me out, but what about you?" "We could get jobs. Over holiday after term." I just listen to her talk. She's literally never talked about this before so seriously. I mean, maybe at like three am and when we're half sleep and get an energy spurge. Other than that, nothing.

"What is this really about Mila?" "Well, you've got your man again, they just moved out. I feel like I'm trailing behind." I let out a slight laugh. "Never that. When I'm rich and famous I'll be sure to have a guest house out back." "So I can live there?" "No, you'll be in the house with me. That's for Ant." We laugh and then she gets quiet. "Wait, you'd want to live with him?" "Umm, I don't know. He's my man right now, so, wishful thinking?" Someone then knocks on my bedroom door.

"Oi, Dove, you have a guest" Dusty says as he opens my door. "I didn't know Dusty was home". "He's not. He just comes every now and then because he gets homesick". "I do not!" he yells at me as I walk towards the front door.

"Cash"? "Hey, Dani, um can I ask you a favor"? "Sure?" I say as I open the door further to let him in. "Um, I know we aren't that close and I know I stole your dad's car last term but-" I start to cut him off, "If you're going to ask someone for a favor, maybe don't start with reasons they shouldn't do the favor." "Right, so Darren wants to throw a house party. I've been trying to break free from Chook and-" "Cash I SWEAR if you ask me to sleep with him-" "No, no, no. Not. Um", he says as he grows a concerned look on his face, "Chook won't let me go. So we made a deal, one last job". "What does this have to do with me?" "If my cover gets blown, I need someone who knows so they don't get mad at me. You're one of their best friends and I don't think Quinni or Amerie would be able to keep the secret." I sigh and take into consideration what he just told me. "One last job? Then that's it?" "Yes, just the one. I bloody swear it." He stares at me like a hopeless puppy. "Fine. Cash, I've got you" "Yes! Yes. Thank you Dani!" he exclaims as he hugs me and rushes out of my home.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ... •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Why are you guys talking about Switzerland?" I ask, approaching Malakai and Missy in the school library. They look surprised and she looked up at him as if awaiting an answer. "Hello?" I ask snapping. "Whatever, um. My mum got a job in Switzerland and I can either go with her or stay with my dad" he blurts. My jaw drops.

"You can't possibly leave Malakai!" "Shhh" Missy warns. "It could be kind of cool. They've got international schools where you like, ski and learn different languages and stuff, so. Honestly right now, I'm struggling to think of many reasons to stick around-" "Well fuck you very much" Missy says. "I'm saying!" I add. "Apart from you two. You're there for me every time". "Well can't your mum just find another job here?" Missy asks. "No, I want her to go. I mean, the job, it's a huge deal for her. It's just my dad has another year on his contract so they said it's up to me. I can either say with him, or fly out with Mum." "When do you need to decide?" I ask. "Uh... Mum leaves in like a week. Day of formal, actually." "I can't believe you're actually considering this-" Missy starts. "Rowan dropped me. Amerie is just sick of my shit. I just don't know, I feel like I messed everything up. Maybe a fresh start would be good for me". "Look, I know things have been really, really hard, but you should at least stay and try to short your shit out. Otherwise, you'll never know if you left because you wanted to, or because you were running away like a little bitch." Missy says. "Maybe you're right" Malakai adds. "I'm almost right" she agrees. "I know that's right. But hey, Malakai, if you do decide to go, I swear you better still text me. I'm literally one call away. But, texting me is always better" I add.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ... •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"Oi, Ella, I have something for you". "Mm what would that be?" He hands me some wooden box. "I made it in woods class. It was going to be for my stash, but thought you could put your bracelets in it or something". He says it so shyly. I like how he is with me. He isn't aggressive and loud, as he is with Spider and Dusty. He's nice, calm, and vulnerable. "This is so cute. I'll put it next to the bear you got me last week". "Are you sure? Because if you don't I can-" "What? Rebuild it? No you know I like random gifts. You made it for you, and still somehow thought of me whilst doing it. It actually makes me feel bad because I didn't get you anything.". "No, I don't want anything. I just wanted you to have it-" "Wait, I know what I can get you. You can be my date to Darren and Harper's housewarming party!" I say hitting his arm. He pulls his arm away from me and gives me a hug. Then he leans down and kisses my head. I swear the boy knows how to make me blush.