006 Electricity

𝔼𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖 𝕋𝕨𝕠: ℝ𝕖𝕟𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕋𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕤

"Thank you so much Mrs.Vaughn" I say after receiving a glass of water from her. "He's lucky I like you, you know" she says as I head back outside Anthony's house. Just to see Harper biking by and stopping.

"What are you doing here" he asks her, "Don't you live in Daceyville?" "Yeah but I'm staying with an aunt" she says. "Why are you sitting out here"? "I'm hiding, mum's still angry about the whole map shit". "Don't forget she made it too" I add. Harper just freezes and takes a breath as if she has something to say, then grabs her bike and leaves. "Dani, no one else thinks she did it" Ant tells me. "I don't care, how long are we gonna be outside?" "Dani, she won't even let me close my door. Even if no one else is here". "Oh yeah... do you want to go mine or?" I ask him. "Nah, if you want to go, you can-" "Ant- what's going on?" I ask him. His vibe is off. He's being quiet. Ant is quite literally never quiet. "Someone said they saw you with Chook". I literally can't catch a break. "Mila wanted a shake so we went to go get one. To see Chook there and we wouldn't leave us alone and insisted on buying our things" I blurt. Ant scoots away from me. "Did you let him?" he asks quietly. "He wasn't going to not pay. I tried to pay but as I said, he insisted. You can't be mad when I literally tried to ignore him." "I guess." "Alright I gotta go to Spencer's to help with his English". "He did say he needed to get his grades up or he's off the team huh". "Yes, I'll see you at the gig tomorrow right?" I ask him. "Duh". With that I walk in his house to thank Mrs.Vaughn for having me then walked back outside to give Ant a kiss on the cheek and drove home.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ... •°*"˜.•°*"˜

The next day after school the entire SLT's class was punished due to Amerie telling us all it was cancelled. So, we didn't go during school. Woodsy led some activity about how hard it is to take back what's put on the internet. Amerie was supposed to chase a toilet paper roll that was over yarn, connected to the students.

Once Amerie got to Spider, he looked at her wrist. She had finally gotten a band. From the new kid, Malakai. Spider took it and told her to not dare to show up.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ... •°*"˜.•°*"˜

"I just don't understand why I can't come over before the gig" Amerie says to me. "Because, tonight it's not my house, it's Dusty's gig and I don't want to interfere with whatever he's got going on". "Yes but if I come over like an hour before-". "Amerie, he's my brother, if he doesn't want you there, I can't do anything about it. I tried to get you the slap band. You had one. I don't want to be associated with you entering. Just sneak in, yeah?" I say, cutting her off. I see her eyes zone out as she smiles and nods her head.

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ... •°*"˜.•°*"˜

I look outside to see Amerie floating in my pool. "What are you doing I left the back gate open, did you not see my text?" Darren asks her. "She's with new boy, hush" I say hitting their arm.

"Let's go to my bathroom babe" I say grabbing Amerie. "I thought you didn't want to be associated with me here?" she asks, following me. "Now you're here, nothing I can do, let's go".

"Darren? Dani?" Quinni asks busting into the bathroom panicking. "What's wrong" they ask. "I was trying to listen. Like, at the date, I was trying so hard, but it was the lights, the people, the sound-" "It's okay" Darren says. "Yeah babe, breathe. Deep breaths" I add. She does just that and starts again, "Every time I tried to talk or listen or focus, Sasha would look at me like I was weird. And I like her so much. I really wanted this to work. Like, so badly. And I... I just can't ever do any of this-" Amerie tries to give her a hug but Darren and I stop her. "No touching Quinni" I state. "You look great. Why don't you go trap some dick. You know where to find us" Darren tells Amerie. I just stand there and smile. "You too Ella. You have piece of meat waiting for you, go" I roll my eyes and laugh after giving Quinni a sincere smile.

I find Anthony licking salt off his hand and taking a shot straight from the bottle with Spider. "Oi, Dani" Spider says. "Yes?" He smiles and looks at Anthony. "I haven't seen you yet tonight. Which means I haven't seen you take a shot" Spider says. "I had a... situation, well two, to tend to". "In other words that means you're ready for a shot yea?" Ant asks. I shake my head, "Where's the salt"?

Ant grabs salt and pours it on the palm of his hand. I roll my eyes. These two are a mess and obviously planned this little stunt. I wasn't going to hold back though. I grab his hand and lick the salt and tilt my head back thinking Spider was going to pour the drink in my mouth. But, he didn't. He poured it in Ants. Then Ant bent over and pulled my chin closer to him and spit the contents of his mouth into mine then pushed my chin up to close my mouth. I swallow it and bite the lime that Spencer gave me. To me, that was one of those moments that I've seen on tiktok waiting to happen to me. And right now it did. I looked into Anthony's eyes and just smiled. That's when Spider walked off to find Dusty.

"You're staying the night right?" I ask him. He grabs my face with both of his hands and nods as he pulls me in for a kiss. Something about that kiss made me feel electric. Like I could do anything.