Chapter 14

*Nisha Pov*

It is exams time for both of us and I am sitting beside Ayesha while she is studying. I am also doing the same but opened my mobile when I saw that I got a message from Pavani.

'I am scared!' that's what she messaged with terrified emotions.

"Study now!" I messaged back.

"Study!" I heard Ayesha said patting my book.

"Sure Madam!" I said bowing and continued to read.

"What are you doing?" I heard him asking and looked up to see him standing near the door.

"Studying!" We both replied but I just did in a whisper.

"Dinner?" He asked, walking towards her.

"I had!" She replied nodding.

"Go to sleep." He said looking at her.

"Exam!" She said whining.

"So? Write how much you know. No need to study this much." He said closing her books.

"I want to!" She said, opening the book.

"Sleep, Ayesha!" He said, shaking his head.

"No! I want to study." She said stubbornly.

Wow! She definitely has my qualities. I thought and stopped myself from smiling.

"Ayesha!" He said in a serious tone.

"If I don't get marks, I will feel sad and not you." When she said that I couldn't stop myself and chuckled placing book in front of my face.

"You will be fine." He said rolling his eyes and started pulling the books away.

"After reading this I will be." She said, pulling the books back to her, and I burst out laughing hiding behind the books.

"Fine! You are not listening to your Dad these days at all." He said and left the room.

I controlled my laugh and turned towards her saying, "He is right! You need to sleep, Ayesha."

"But..." She started saying, but I stopped showing her my hand.

"I will wake you up early then you can read." I said, and she nodded slowly.

"Good night!" I whispered and left her room tucking her.

I walked downstairs and saw that he is serving his food. I sat calmly and served myself without saying a word.

He looked up and seeing that I slowly said, "She is sleeping."

He just stared at me for a few minutes and then continued to eat while I just shrugged. After that, I studied for some more time and drifted off into sleep.

A few days later when I reached Ayesha's school in the afternoon after the exam, and checked my phone. I saw that there are nearly ten missed calls from Mom.

I frowned and decided to call after we reach home. We both got inside a bus and asked each other how we wrote our exam.

"Door is opened!" Ayesha said which I have already observed.

I frowned but breathed in relief when I saw that Sudhir's car is also here. We both walked inside to see him talking with my Mom and Aunt.

"There she is!" Aunt said, looking at me in disappointment.

"Where were you Nisha? I have been calling you. If Sudhir didn't pick up our call, then we would have been waiting here until now." Mom asked frowning.