Chapter One

Hailey's POV

"Hailey, she's breathing down your neck" was the last thing I heard before that asshole tackled me... again.

"Fuck sake"

A feeling of disorientation and confusion engulfs my entire body with the sudden impact I make on the pitch.  

"Leah fucking Williamson!" I scream angrily while hitting the grass with my hands. 

"Are you okay Webster?" Beth Mead asks me as she bends down to check up on me. 

I'm not okay.

Cold sweat is dripping down my forehead, my head feels heavy, my vision is blurry and im eager for revenge.  That asshole tackled me for the 3rd time this game.  What makes it even worse is the fact that we are team mates and fighting Chelsea for the title this year.  

Im going to murder her. 

"Im fine" I respond in a forced but calm voice while slowly getting back up and resuming play in our game against Manchester City. I manage to make it through to the end of the game, which we scrape a 2-0 victory, but it almost feels as if im doing the 'walk of shame'. I wish I could say that it doesn't happen that often, but it's been happening for the past three games now. 

Once I walk back over to the dug out after doing a lap of the pitch for the fans, I spot Jonas who only takes a glance at me and returns his attention to the screen in front of him. 

Great.  He's probably mad at me now. 

I let my hair down from the tight bun as a member of the medical team approaches me to examine me.  I send them away, telling them I  feel completely fine and head towards where Jonas is standing instead. 

I look up at Jonas, but then someone behind him catches my attention. 

Leah Williamson.

I stare at her and our eyes lick for a second, but then she returns to laughing and celebrating with the team.  My blood boils. 

"Excuse me Jonas" I say while leaving and heading towards Leah.

"Harley wait!" Jonas shouts but I've already turned my back on him. 

I angrily approach Leah while her back is facing me, so she doesn't notice me behind her. When I get close enough I put my hands on her back, pushing her and causing her phone to fall on the ground. 

"What the hell?" Leah says and turns around, "what is your problem?" she yells in my face when she realises that it was me that pushed her. 

"Oh, you want to know what my problem is Williamson?" I say with annoyance in my voice, my pointing finger raised up to her chest, "you're my problem!"

"Can we do this another time? Im celebrating with my teammates" she says smirking. 

Of course he said that to piss me off... and it worked. 

Leah turns her back on me, walking towards the girls who are all standing watching the exchange between us, but I follow behind her. 

"You know, you could have seriously hurt me out there" I yell but she continues walking, not giving me as much as even a glance. 

"I could have... but I didn't. so get over it" she says and gives me a wink. 

That was it.  I refuse to keep being the good one in this situation.  I tried being reasonable with her but since she's going to play dirty, she hasn't seen anything from me yet. 

I push her one more time, unable to contain my anger, but I regret it immediately. 

Leah turns around, her face mirroring my own, filled with anger and disgust. One of her hands wraps around my wrist, taking me by surprise and my heart starts beating faster. Her grip on me tightens, but not to the point where it hurts and her face is in small distance from mine.  I can practically feel her breath on my cheek. 

"Touch me again and-"

"And you'll do what?" Katie McCabe interrupts Leah, her body standing now in front of me, shielding me from Leah's death glare. 

Photographers and reporters gather around us, taking pictures and stealing Leah's attention to them. 

Leah's hold on me loosens, freeing me from her grip while she takes a step back.  My other hand immediately reaches for my wrist which looks swollen. 

"That's what I thought" Katie whispers before turning to me, taking my hand and leading us in the other direction.

I walk slowly, concentrating on my breathing while Katie puts a hand on my lower back, drawing circles to calm me down.  Before we can enter the changing room, a reporter approaches me. 

"Hailey, what happened with you and Leah today during the match?"

I breathe out pretending that what this man in front of me is asking, doesn't remind me of what I went through today and doesn't affect me. 

If I bleed, she'll be the last to know.

"Nothing, just a tackle on the wrong person" I put on my best fake smile for the cameras while walking away. 

liked by lottewubbenmoy, katiemccabe, kimlittle and 39,847 others 

haileywebster: T E A M 🔴 ⚪️

liked by kimlittle, keirawalsh,jenbeattie and 89,946 others

leahwilliamson: Love my gals ❤️🤍