Chapter Twenty-Four

I wake up in a different bed this morning.  The bed sheets smell like floral perfume, making me feel at ease as the sun shines through the window.  I can hear a shower going off in the distance, so I open my eyes and take everything in. 

This is not a single bed, this is not my hotel room and this is definitely not my hoodie.

Where the hell am I?

I try to think about what happened last night but Leah appearing at the club is as far as I can get. Everything after that is just a blur that makes my head hurt when I try to piece it together. 

Am I in Leah's room?

I roll in the bed, lying on my side and I see that there's an aspirin and a glass of water on top of the nightstand.  I reach out for it sleepily, but before I can do anything else, the bathroom door opens. 

Leah walks inside the room, with nothing but a white towel wrapped around her.  

I'm definitely in Leah's room and im definitely awake now. 

I lie in bed with a shocked expression on my face, not expecting this to be the first thing to see this early in the morning. 

I watch as the little water droplets run down her body, making me want to reach out and trace them with my fingers.

"Hailey"

I practically tear my eyes off her body, forcing to look at her face instead. 

"Ive been calling your name for the past minute" Leah says, her hand going through her hair, trying to dry it out.

Have I been staring that long?

"Morning" I say and sit up in bed, putting my hair out of my face. 

"I was just going to grab some clothes, I didnt think you'd be awake" she says and takes a her training gear out of her suitcase.

I follow her movements the entire time... the way her back muscles stretch and tense with everything she does.  When Leah turns around and catches me staring, I immediately look the other way. 

I hear her chuckle. 

"Sorry" I mumble and lay back again, hiding myself under the blankets. 

I can hear Leah speak up but I can't understand anything she says since her voice is muffles underneath the covers. 

Her footsteps can be heard as she's walking away, returning to the bathroom and I remove the cover off me. 

"How did you sleep last night?" Leah shouts from the bathroom.

"Speaking of last night..." I say and pinch my eyes closed, dreading to ask her this question, "how did I end up here?"

I want for an answer but it's quiet for some time until Leah walks back into the room, fully clothed this time. 

"You dont remember anything?"

"It's all a big, giant blur" I say and Leah looks away, crossing her arms over her chest and biting her lower lip, looking like she's thinking about something. There's a slight crease in the middle of her eyebrows and she has this disappointed look on her face. 

Now im starting to feel nervous. What exactly did I do last night that's making her react this way?

"Did I do something... inappropriate?" I say and cringe at my words. 

I woke up in her bed after all.... and I know I dont handle alcohol well. 

"Wait... did we-"

"God no!" Leah spits out, interrupting what I was going to say.