Chapter Nineteen

The car window slowly lowers down, revealing a pair of green eyes.

"Are you going to get in, or do I have to walk out and do it myself?" Leah says with a smirk on her face, one of her dimples appearing. 

It seems like she's in a good mood. 

"Do I have to?" I say and look back and forth between the way back to the hotel and at Leah.

"You were the one that said we have to talk" she says and reaches over from the drivers seat, opening the door for me. 

I sigh and get in the car, closing the door and putting up the window to avoid people taking pictures of us. 

Put your seatbelt on" Leah says from beside me.

"Wait, what?" I ask confused.

Leah rolls her eyes and reaches over, taking the seatbelt to out it on me while she's leaning towards me.  As she does so, her face appears only inches away from mine and I can't help but study her face.  The way her messy hair falls and how she scrunches her eyebrows in concentration. 

"I can do it myself" I say slowly, my entire body hyper aware of the close proximity. 

Leah shifts her gaze from her hands to my eyes and then slowly fixates it to my lips.  Her own lips part a little bit and all I can think about is how easy it would be to have a taste of them again.  The way she is looking at me, makes me believe that she's thinking of the same thing.  Just a little movement, that's all it would take to put us both out of our misery. 

Leah breathes out, the air coming out of her nose hitting the side of my neck, my entire body rising up in goosebumps. Neither of us move, neither of us dare to take a step further.  It feels like we're competing against each other on the pitch again, and we can't wait to see who gives in, who breaks first. 

I start having an inner conflict of going after what I want and doing the logical thing.  Kissing Leah Williamson, my rival who also happens to be my fake girlfriend, when no cameras are around doesn't seem logical to me.  That was not part of our deal, our contract.  There is supposed to be no feelings involves, so why does my heart beat so fast every time she's so close to me?

"Try not to fall in love with me"

Leah's words repeat over and over in my head and before we do something we both might regret... I turn my head away, looking out of the window.  Leah gets the message and repositions herself in her seat, gripping the steering wheel and clearing her voice before she speaks. 

"I wanted to take you somewhere" she says and starts driving, "to talk more privately"

"Is this the part where you kidap and murder me?" I say to get out of any awkward situations.

"I need you at the moment, can't do that just yet"

"Where are you even taking me?"

"Are you always this impatient?" Leah looks at me and then back at the road again.

"Says you" I turn towards her "you literally put my seatbelt on for me"

"Whatever" Leah murmurs reaching towards the radio turning the volume up.

I recognise the song, 'Yellow" by Coldplay is playing and I fight the urge to sing along.

"This is my favourite band" Leah suddenly says, "just so you know"

I never realised how many things we would have in common.  I only knew the side of Leah that was plastered all over social media and the side of Leah that was always mean to me.  Only now that we're forced to spend time together, am I starting to meet another side of her.  The side of her that is delicate around me and that sings very loudly in the car. 

And im scared that I might end up liking this Leah way too much, just to be disappointed in the end.