Chapter Nine

I walk towards the pitch to clear my head and get ready for training, but cant help but think about the conversation I just had with Jonas. 

I still dont know how to feel about it.

As I push reach the dug out and change into my football boots, I suddenly feel a pair of hands wrap around me, pushing me back harshly against the wall. 

"You just couldn't help yourself could you?"

I look up and see Leag's face only inches away from mine, her eyebrows furrowed in an angry expression. 

"Leah? What are you talking about?" I ask confused.

"Cut the bullshit Hailey, you really had to go and ruin it for me didn't you" Leah's grip on my waist only tightens which begins to scare me a little.

Ive never seen her this angry before. Ever. 

I try taking her hands off me but she pushes me against the wall again.  We're so close that at this point I can smell her perfume. 

"Dont you understand?" Leah yells in my face, "with that little stunt you pulled?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" 

Leah chuckles to herself in a sarcastic way and turns her head to the side before facing me again. 

"Dont pretend you dont know what im talking about, I know what you did"

I only stare at Leah, trying to figure out what I did that made her so mad.  How is it possible that this girl is always mad at me about something? If anything, I should be the one that's mad, not her. 

"Maybe this will freshen your memory" Leah says while pulling her phone out of her pocket and shoving it in my face. 

I look at her phone, a news page is opened and a picture of Leah kissing the girl from last night is displayed everywhere.  I scroll a bit down and see some terrible things written about Leah, about how she is jumping from one girl to the other.  Several similar articles are posted as well. 

"And this concerns me because...?" 

'Oh please!" Leah takes her phone from my hands, "dont pretend like you didn't take that picture and sell it"

I look at her in disbelief.  It's not my fault she hooks up with strangers and gets mad it ends up on the news. 

"I did not take that picture, nor did I sell it " I try explaining to her as calm as possible.

Leah starts pacing around, fidgeting with the bracelets she's wearing. 

"Why do you think I was the one that did that? There were other people there but you're not questioning then, you're questioning me so why is that?" I ask, stepping closer to Leah so she stops and looks up at me. 

"Because you hate me, and you want to ruin my career somehow"

She is so full of herself and im so over her. 

"Go away!" I shout at her, stepping aside giving Leah enough space to go. 

She stands there for a few minutes, only looking at me. 

I keep my head high so she can see that she can't intimidate me, while Leah eventually walks back towards the changing room.  I can feel a breath of relief release while I think about that entire situation.  This is it.  Im never going to let Leah Williamson walk over me again. 

***  ***

After training finishes, I head towards the car park where I see many reported gathered.  There's loud noises from everywhere and cameras are being pulled out. Usually I would think this is normal, however today is busier than ever. 

I approach them to find out whats going on.  In the m middle there is none other that Leah Williamson, who is looking quite stressed and is trying to get away from the reporters who are suffocating her. 

"Hailey, go inside now" Jonas tells me when he spots me in the back with a concerned look on his face. 

What is going on?

I quickly walk back inside the training ground, which is almost empty except from Katie who is standing there looking at what is happening outside. 

"Katie whats going on?" I approach Katie and she turns to look my way. 

"They saw you both" 

"They saw who?" I ask confused.

"You and Leah... there's a video of you both in Caitlin's spare room"

Suddenly my breathing starts to quicken and I can feel a bit of sweat running down my forehead. 

Shit. This is bad. Very bad.

"Hailey" Katie calls my name and my attention shifts to her again, "please tell me it isn't what it looks like"

"Katie, I promise it isn't what it looks like"

"Hailey, come with me" Jonas walks inside the training ground with me and indicates for me to follow behind him, "you've got some explaining to do"