Chapter Thirty-One

Hailey's POV

"Is Leah here?" I ask one of the physio's, pleading with my eyes for her to tell me, "its urgent"

"Hmm...maybe check the break room" she says with a sweet voice and points at a white "she might be there"

"Thank you" I mumble and rush towards that direction, not wasting any time with Leah.

I open the door and I look around, my eyes landing immediately on Leah. She's seated in front of a table, Jen seated on the opposite end as they both play a game of chess together.

I walk up to them slowly until Jen's attention lands on me.

"Look who decided to join us!" Jen's words make Leah's head turns her head towards me.

"Oh, hey baby" Leah says from looking down at me, stopping the game and taking one of my hands in hers, "what are you doing here?"

"Hey guys, hope im not interrupting an intense game" I say pointing at the chess board.

"Not at all" Leah brings my hand to her mouth, pecking the top of it, "you should join us and watch me beat Jen"

Jen chuckles and turns to speak to me.

"You should join us in order to give Leah the luck that she needs, since she's losing so badly"

I smile and shake my head.

"Actually... I need to talk to you about something"

Leah's smile slowly fades and her face becomes a little bit more serious.

"I'll leave you guys to talk in private" Jen starts to get up from her seat but Leah stops her.

"Its fine" Leah says and gets up while still holding my hand, "we'll talk in the changing room"

She turns to look at me for a confirmation and I nod.

"Alright... just so you know, I have the entire board memorised in case you're thinking of cheating" Leah winks at Jen, who gives her a death stare.

I wave goodbye to Jen, who starts messing with the chess pieces as soon as Leah turns her back and I follow behind her trail, that's leading me to the changing rooms.

When we're just right outside, I see all the staff looking in our direction as we're about to walk in and I curse under my breath. The last thing I wanted to be seen doing was walking with Leah inside somewhere private. I don't even want to imagine what people think we might be doing.

I immediately let go of Leah's hand once we're inside and she closes the door behind.

"Did something happen? Are you feeling okay?" Leah asks, taking off the hat that she's wearing and throwing it on a nearby seat.

"I'm fine but-"

"You have me worried for a second" she exhales "I thought there was something that I had done t-" then she shakes her head before clearing her throat, "it really doesn't matter"

Why did she look so worried right now?

I try to figure out whats' up with her but she distracts me as im thinking, turning around as she tugs at the end of the shirt she's warning, before pulling it over her head, taking it off.

"Is it okay if I get changed quickly?" Leah fidgets with her shirt she just took off in her hands.

"I-its fine" I turn around in order not to stare at her, "I guess" I mumble.

Its fine, its not like I haven't seen her changing before.

"As I was saying..." I behind to say as Leah starts untying her shorts