Chapter Twenty-Two

"Arent you supposed to be on a date with Leah?" Caitlin asks before taking a sip out of the smoothie that she's holding.

I cringe at hearing Leah's name. In fact I dont want anything to remind me of her right now, but it's hard when you're surrounded by our team mates. 

'We had a little argument" I confess, taking a sip out of my own smoothie, not wanting to make a big deal out of what happend. 

"Are you guys okay?" Caitlin asks concerned, "Lia told me Leah was really excited for your date"

"We'll be fine" I shrug.

I dont even know what 'fine' means when It comes to Leah.  Im not even angry at her. I'm just... disappointed. A day ago, she really had me thinking that she was a different person from who I thought she was.  It really seemed like it, until she proved me wrong.  All we do is this constant back and forth, one step forward and then three steps back all over again. 

"I know what will cheer you up" Caitlin takes my hand, dragging me inside a Womens store. 

"Buying lingerie?" I question, holding up a pair of red panties and matching bra. 

"Oh, you should totally get that! Leah will lose her mind when she sees you in that" she winks and I immediately drop the panties in their place. 

Definitely not getting that.

"You should come to this club with me tonight" Caitlin says and grabs the panties I just left behind, putting them inside my basket, "its the first opening night and you know how wild it gets here in Liverpool"

"I dont know about that" I say hesitantly, not wanting to do anything other than curls up in my bed. 

"Come on! We dont have practice until tomorrow afternoon so we're allowed.  What else will you do on a Tuesday night? Curl up in bed?" she chuckles. 

"No, I have plans" I turn my head away, wanting to make myself sound believable. 

?Yeah, you do" Caitling says and heads towards the fitting room, "you're going to this super fun club with me"

Before I can object, she has already left.

***   ***

I walk inside the hotel, heading towards the elevator with a shopping bag in my hand since Caitlin can be very persuasive.

I already feel a lot better after spending some time with her, she really knows how to lighten up my mood. 

I push the button, stepping inside the elevator once the doors open up for me, but a hand stops them from closing.

Leah

She looks up at me, her mouth slightly falls open.  She wasn't expecting it to be me. 

I sigh.

"I'll wait" she says slowly, taking a few steps back hesitatingly. 

"Dont be ridiculous" I move a bit, making some space for Leah in the elevator. 

She slept inside and once the doors close, I regret letting her take a lift with me.  There's not much distance between us. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask her after pushing the button for my floor. 

"Meeting Lia" is all she says and she looks ahead in the mirror, her eyes meeting mine, forcing me to look down at my feet. 

Why is this taking so damn long?

"You went shopping?" Leah asks gently when she sees my bag on the floor.