Chapter Thirty-Seven

Hailey's POV

I take my time before putting my hoodie on trying to soak everything in.

"How much time do I have left?"

"Until this Sunday"

I shake my head, trying to get the memories of yesterday out of my head. My hands grip goalposts, my knuckles turning white as I put my body weight on it while stretching, inhaling a deep breath.

This cant be it... this cant be the end.

A feeling of disorientation has been following me since Jonas broke the news to me. I knew this was coming one day, I just thought I would have more time. My journey wasn't that easy at the beginning but I managed to make my own place here and these people... feel like family to me now and Leah...

How will I even manage to tell her?

I went to bed last night with her arms wrapped around me and she could tell something was bothering me but when she saw that I didn't want to talk about it, she let it go and tried her best to comfort me. I just didn't have the heart to say anything. Instead, I lay there with her and pretended that this was forever... until I woke up this morning and reality hit me hard in the face.

I realty don't want to lose this... her.

"Baby, what would I do without you?" I'm shaken out of my thoughts as Leah takes my hand in hers, stroking it with her thumb, "promise me that you wont leave me?"

My smile immediately drops.

"How much time do I have left?"

"Until this Sunday"

Leah looks at me, her eyes filled with hope as she waits for my response. How much I wish I didn't have to leave. How much I wish I could promise her forever.

My brain screams at me to tell her, but my heart makes me hold back. I look at our hands intertwined and smile.

"Its you and me, to the finish line"

Then she kisses me. She kisses me in a way that I knew will screw me up forever. Our tongues dance together slowly, and I run my hands over her features, trying to memorise them by heart, locking them away for times when I wont get to see her, touch her, hold her again.

Tears well up in my eyes as I kiss her slowly, savouring this moment, not letting her know that our time together is coming to an end